can anybody give me a guide on converting a guitar from a floyd (or just trem) into a hardtail?
I have an Ibanez RG350EX and the bushings are damaged. As opposed to just fixing it I intend to buy a new body for the parts currently on it and then convert the existing body into a hardtail and make a project of it.

Also, can anybody tell me what i use for mounting a single coil pickup direct to the body, is there an equivalent of a pickup ring for singles?
The guitar is currently one with a scratchplate, I intend to buy a rear routed body.

thanks,

Steve
Quote by Bigsteve92
can anybody give me a guide on converting a guitar from a floyd (or just trem) into a hardtail?
I have an Ibanez RG350EX and the bushings are damaged. As opposed to just fixing it I intend to buy a new body for the parts currently on it and then convert the existing body into a hardtail and make a project of it.

Sounds like a great idea! It's really simple to block a trem, once you've got the back of the guitar open, you'll want to have about 15 cents worth of pennies and some duct tape. stack about 7 or 8 pennies to match the size of the gap between the trem and the body (towards the butt-end, not the neck). Tape these pennies together and wedge them in so that the trem is flush on the front of the body. Make another stack, and wedge it in as well. This will help to ensure stability. from here, just close up the back and pretend there was never any motion in the first place

Quote by Bigsteve92
Also, can anybody tell me what i use for mounting a single coil pickup direct to the body, is there an equivalent of a pickup ring for singles?

Yep! Single rings are pretty easy to find!
Quote by Bigsteve92
The guitar is currently one with a scratchplate, I intend to buy a rear routed body.

rear-routed bodies won't have places to mount pickups from the rear, you'll still need rings/direct mounted pickups for your pickups on a rear-routed body.

hope this helped
------

Shwiggity.
Nooo i dont mean blocked the trem
i mean filling the whole lot in and putting a new bridge on it :P
Quote by gorkyporky
Theres a tutorial on this on Project Guitar:
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tht1.htm

Its not really for a Floyd, but it should be the same concept. Just fill the holes with wood, refinish and then mount any type of hardtail bridge you want.

looks like a floyd cavity to me :P

any reccomendations on what wood to use for doing that on a basswood body and where i could get it from? :P