Technical-death-metal-scales,-sorry-i-have-no-space-bar-atm.-im-a-huge-fan-of-bands-like-nile-necrophagist-,the-faceless-can-some-body-give-me-a-list-of-scales-they-are-sure-they-use-or-othert-good-known-scales-in-order-for-me-to-be-able-to-replicate-their-style.-thanxx-^_^
not a t-rex fan : lol
squire telecaster
Dean '79 V classic white.
Ibanez 370DX with Irongear hammerhead in bridge
spider line 2 112w amp

Nile, The Faceless and Cannibal Corpse - fucking bad-ass!
Quote by rex666
Technical-death-metal-scales,-sorry-i-have-no-space-bar-atm.-im-a-huge-fan-of-bands-like-nile-necrophagist-,the-faceless-can-some-body-give-me-a-list-of-scales-they-are-sure-they-use-or-othert-good-known-scales-in-order-for-me-to-be-able-to-replicate-their-style.-thanxx-^_^

If you can't figure it out yourself I doubt you will be able to put those scales to good use anyway.

Besides which, those three bands are actually quite difference stylistically so even if you did find one scale that magically contained the essence of one of those bands you still wouldn't have the whole picture.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Sep 21, 2009,
i-just-wanna-template-for-an-eastern-sound.-not-nessicerily-for-soloing.
squire telecaster
spider line 2 112w amp

Quote by rex666
i-just-wanna-template-for-an-eastern-sound.-not-nessicerily-for-soloing.

I stand by what I just said.

But I guess if ou're looking for an "eastern" sound in a scale then you'll want the phrygian dominant of harmonic minor.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Tech-death is one of more complex genres of music, and just having the scales won't give you the sound. Alot of the sound comes from the use of the minor scale and the odd structures, resolutions and accidentials they use within the song. Though if you just want a sound a westerner would call eastern, then wank around in these "scales"...

Harmonic Minor: 1-2-b3-4-5-b6-7. (E-F#-G-A-B-C-D#)
Phrygian Dominant: 1-b2-3-4-5-b6-b7. (E-F-G#-A-B-C-D)
Half-Whole Diminished: 1-b2-b3-b4-b5-5-6-b7. (E-F-G-G#-A#-B-C#-D)
Quote by MadAudioMan
Tech-death is one of more complex genres of music, and just having the scales won't give you the sound. Alot of the sound comes from the use of the minor scale and the odd structures, resolutions and accidentials they use within the song. Though if you just want a sound a westerner would call eastern, then wank around in these "scales"...

Harmonic Minor: 1-2-b3-4-5-b6-7. (E-F#-G-A-B-C-D#)
Phrygian Dominant: 1-b2-3-4-5-b6-b7. (E-F-G#-A-B-C-D)
Half-Whole Diminished: 1-b2-b3-b4-b5-5-6-b7. (E-F-G-G#-A#-B-C#-D)

cheers!--yeah-this-is-more-just-to-help-me-understand-what-im-making-so-can-use-riffs-to-better-effect.-any-more-guys??
squire telecaster
spider line 2 112w amp

No. But I would reccomend studying the theory and composition of the following songs.

Atheist - Mother Man, Unquestionable Presence, Piece of Time and ...The Psychic Saw.
Gorguts - Anything off their first few albums. Obscura is probably to tough for you ATM.
Cynic - How Could I? Uroboric Forms, Veil of Maya.
At The Gates - Windows, Within, really, anything off TRITSIO you can find a tab for.

Study how those songs are arranged, the theory behind them. (IE, scales used, accidentials used, the way they change keys and overall structure)