ok so my best friend is the guitarist of our band Waiting For Expiration and, well he is so arrogant he knows nothing really about playing guitar and tomes or anything, i was hoping if you could help me tell him this cause he is really annoying the rest of the band. i am the bassist and i have been playing guitar half as long as he has and i have already passed him on so many levels he thinks so is soo amazing when he just is good he needs to really brush up. i need help bad...

thank you,
afi666
Way To Be Am? REVLIS=SILVER!
I think you're a little hyper lol.
just tell him to shape up and hes doing it wrong.
Quote by afi666
ok so my best friend is the guitarist of our band Waiting For Expiration and, well he is so arrogant he knows nothing really about playing guitar and tomes or anything, i was hoping if you could help me tell him this cause he is really annoying the rest of the band. i am the bassist and i have been playing guitar half as long as he has and i have already passed him on so many levels he thinks so is soo amazing when he just is good he needs to really brush up. i need help bad...

thank you,
afi666

Dont you mean ignorant...?
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Last edited by selibucaz at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by selibucaz

yeh i think he did lol
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Well Mr. Badname of Band with a Horrible Name, if you're so much better than him why don't you just pick up the guitar? Or kick him out? If he's as bad as you say he is than he doesn't seem that valuable to you or your band.
Quote by selibucaz

No, arrogant is the right word. He just used it in a bad place in the paragraph.

Edit: Also, tomes? Like....books?
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Sep 21, 2009,
Man up and talk to him...if he doesn't want to listen kick him out of the band. SImple as that.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
*tones* that is my bad, all he does if crank the mids and gain and he just plays meaningless crap that sounds horrible and i try to help him and show him that music is more than just playing random notes and singing. then after i try that he just pouts, and we need him so there will be no kicking out of anyone, and im not the best at talking so i am wanting help with making him understand and listen to me.
To start with I think you need help finding the correct forum.

If he's that bad, but you need him there, then why are you bothering asking UG to help you. Just carry on as you have been, he's not likely to change and your band is not likely to progress.

So tell us; Why do you need him there?
what forum does this belong in then?
Is there any possible response to this thread that could make him change his mind about taking guitar seriously, even slightly? Not that i can see.

Try teaching him a bit yourself, if you're better then that shouldn't be hard to do. Maybe if you record something you could lay down his parts - that usually gives people a kick up the backside in terms of noticing they're not as good as they should be.

Any chance you can show us a clip of him playing against you/the rest of the band?
Quote by doive

Any chance you can show us a clip of him playing against you/the rest of the band?

^this