( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
I'm reading Animal Farm in my English class
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by mental_zer0
I had to read this in HS.

i found it to be shallow and pedantic.

Ye, yes, shallow and pedantic.

But really it's not bad, though the movie sucks.
The Crucible is more or less required reading in every High School in America. Very few people read it because they find it interesting before actually reading it in school.

Quote by phlip999

Lol, Wynona Ryder ftl

My sophomore English class read the play, each day a student was assigned a part and by the end of the play everyone had read. It was lultastic. Afterwards we watched the movie and thought our version was much better.
Last edited by dudius at Sep 21, 2009,
I hated it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I don't read i just look at words and absorb their meanings.
I think im gonna sig that
TO THE SIG PAGE
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
Quote by FlyingPirahna
And it's actually a gigantic metaphor for the McCarthy era.

I know. It actually got me to start reading about McCarthyism and stuff. It's really interesting
IT sucked donkeydick but now we are reading Beowulf in english and its not to bad
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
I didn't like the movie, the book is pretty cool though.
I had to read it twice.

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by dudius
The Crucible is more or less required reading in every High School in America. Very few people read it because they find it interesting before actually reading it in school.

Lol, Wynona Ryder ftl

My sophomore English class read the play, each day a student was assigned a part and by the end of the play everyone had read. It was lultastic. Afterwards we watched the movie and thought our version was much better.

That's what we did.

What was moderately funny was the lack of vagina's in the room so guys had to play the girl characters.
I was totally expecting a Fable 2 thread.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
i read it in high school. mots parts of it pissed me off. i hated it
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
Quote by goest
That's what we did.

What was moderately funny was the lack of vagina's in the room so guys had to play the girl characters.

Our teacher was pretty funny so he'd make the macho douchebags be girls and the ditzy preppy girls be men. The teacher also wanted to make sure people didn't half-ass it either, so if they didn't say it with feeling he'd make them repeat it.
Yes, I have read it. I have also done some research on the Salem Witch Trials in general and I was surprised at just how close the story is to the actual events that took place.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Such a bad book, but I agree with it's message, btw Daytripper I know that's a catch22 song but I'm seeing streetlight tomorrow! They're headlining!
isn't that where they play the snooker world championships?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by mamosa
I read it. It's astonishing how stupid the Puritans were.

It's even more amazing how much of that stupidity has lingered on into the present...

My class also had to read it all aloud. That led to me being one of the favoured readers for any book as it was discovered I could make fun accents. I REEAAALLY hated MacBeths long-ass monologues when I had to do them with my attempt at a scottish accent...
Quote by dark&broken
It's even more amazing how much of that stupidity has lingered on into the present...

My class also had to read it all aloud. That led to me being one of the favoured readers for any book as it was discovered I could make fun accents. I REEAAALLY hated MacBeths long-ass monologues when I had to do them with my attempt at a scottish accent...

I know your pain...
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I was sweating like a stallion when i read it!
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
I know your pain...

Yeah.. Insane Shakespearian main character with somewhat decently executed scottish accent that occasionally started to fade to british =/= fun.
Quote by classicrockboy
I'm reading Animal Farm in my English class

Awesome book!

But yea. The Crucible is... ok. I just have weird images of seeing one of my classmates jacking himself off under the table when the rape scene came up. ****ing weirdo.

Hardscore Christian, as well o_o
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Quote by Guitarlord44
Were you trying to quote the book there?

Yeah, the wh0re said it.

Read it last yr and my classes comment were more interestin then the book.

Disclaimer-"more interesting" means more hilarious

seriously they were idiots. One classmate said that the old women was the *DEVIL* because she couldn't name her commandments and when my teacher called her on it she only named like three. I wanted to slap the stupid out of her.
Last edited by Thepredster at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by phlip999

i had to watch it my junior year

hilarity ensued

it's not really funny to tell other people there but, it was hilarious at the time
Quote by Thepredster
Yeah, the wh0re said it.

Read it last yr and my classes comment were more interestin then the book.

Disclaimer-"more interesting" means more hilarious

seriously they were idiots. One classmate said that the old women was the *DEVIL* because she couldn't name her commandments and when my teacher called her on it she only named like three. I wanted to slap the stupid out of her.

I know who said it. Our class puts no emotion into it. I'm the only one. i guess thats why i enjoy the book more than everyone else
I'm currently reading it in skool and we watched part of the movie today. It sucks. Hard.
Quote by sXe170
I'm currently reading it in skool and we watched part of the movie today. It sucks. Hard.

At least i know not to watch the movie. I love the book though
I watched the move version and read a little part of it in American Lit. class last week. It was pretty interesting. Quite enjoyable. Shows how people would believe the most ridiculous things way back then.
Yeah, I've read it about 2-3 times. It's a great play to read, though I imagine seeing it would be boring. There was a movie version with Wyona Rider that was pretty good.
I have a copy of the 1957 Sartre version called Les Sorcieres de Salem on VHS. The Daniel Day Lewis one blows chunks.
Quote by daytripper75
Same here.

same. It was unmoving and slow.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
I hated that book, nothing made me want to strangle Abigail more than everyone else.

For some reason though Titiuba (I think that's you spell it) made me laugh for some reason, in a non-racist way.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Page 1 of 2