i love it type of tones i hear from numerous randalls but i dont know much about them, and im looking for some help.

i dont care about tube or SS
i prefer a combo 2x12
cheap as possible
memphis TN

thanks for any future help
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
Quote by mechanix901
i love it type of tones i hear from numerous randalls but i dont know much about them, and im looking for some help.

i dont care about tube or SS
i prefer a combo 2x12
cheap as possible
memphis TN

thanks for any future help

Rule number one: don't buy an amp for the brand name.

You might like the sound of 'Randalls', but their cheapest solid-state might sound crap compared to another company's offerings in the same price range.
im just saying i dont mind S.S. because i know randall makes good S.S. , but yes most companies make their cheap products as well as good products
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
Quote by mechanix901
im just saying i dont mind S.S. because i know randall makes good S.S. , but yes most companies make their cheap products as well as good products
No worries.

Rather than 'cheap as possible', what's the most you're prepared to spend on a new amp then? And what guitarists do you think have the best tones?
Budget?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
tones you like?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I have used a RG75 Combo as my practice amp for about 3 years now. It has very nice clean tones and two channels of high gain (brit.,metal). Although I normally run a grunge pedal for higher gains I also like the amp without the pedal. It was relatively cheap too.
hey, you know that sound when someone ****s and vomits at the same time?

...?
Quote by GrisKy
hey, you know that sound when someone ****s and vomits at the same time?

...?
I certainly hope you are sterile.
Check out the RM Syndicate...I will go bump it right now!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by al112987
I had no idea that Randalls had their own distinct sound.

Well they are not distinctively shiatty like some are for the same price. Truth is, if you buy an expensive tube amp it is going to sound better than a cheap SS amp. There is nothing wrong with a SS Randall but it may not be for everyone.
Quote by grey03mach1
I certainly hope you are sterile.

not even close...

...and while their modular amp systems are pretty BA (especially with some of the module mods... modmods?) and very outside the box in terms of design and versatility, almost every ss model leaves something to be desired... like not being entirely harsh fo starters. hey, atleast it's not an mg.
Quote by al112987
I had no idea that Randalls had their own distinct sound.

Randall definitely has their own sound.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.