I enjoy playing with thicker strings and I want to give 11's a try to see how they feel. I'm happy with my 10's but I'd like to see what else is out there. Will I have to get a completely new setup? I just got a setup about 4weeks ago.
what kind of guitar? if it's got a fixed bridge you'll most likely be fine, but with a floating trem or something you might want a new setup. i'd say go ahead and change them (on a fixed bridge or vintage style trem) and see how you like them. if you see that your intonation is off and it's driving you crazy then get it set up. but try them out now first.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
you shouldn't need to but it might be worth checking the string height, intonation and if there is any neck warping
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
what kind of guitar? if it's got a fixed bridge you'll most likely be fine, but with a floating trem or something you might want a new setup. i'd say go ahead and change them (on a fixed bridge or vintage style trem) and see how you like them. if you see that your intonation is off and it's driving you crazy then get it set up. but try them out now first.

It's a 97 Fender American Strat.
I'd definitely go for it, DR and Dean Markley 11s are incredible. Its good to learn how to properly set up your own guitar anyways, especially a gem like yours.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
1. put strings on
2. adjust trem claw
3. adjust string height (probably want to raise each string just a tiny bit)
4. adjust intonation
5. check relief, you probably don't need to make a truss rod adjustment but if you do tighten in 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn and check again after a day.

Congratulations, you have changed your strings and performed a set up without paying a shop something you can learn to do in 10 minutes.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I love thick strings. The tone is incredible. It's a helluva lot warmer and sounds amazing.
I doubt you need a full-on setup, but I'd keep an eye on it for a few days afterwards.

Kudos, BTW - big strings rock. So much louder and deeper.
Only way to find out is to throw the new strings on. Different guitars will act differently with thicker strings.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Omg, these feel delicious! Each time I've gone up in gauge it feels much better than the previous gauge. 9 to 10 and 10 to 11. I wonder if it'd be the same with 12's? Of course I'd play these for at least a couple months before Moving up. These feel great though. They sound real nice. I'm more about feeling though. So many ways to change the sound but few change the feel. Now to experiment a bit with self setups. I've played guitar off and on for a many years. It's more like 2-3 years of serious play total and I've yet to learn many of these finer details. Thanks for the help guys!