I mean it's a great album, but I don't see why people think it is one of the best of all time. There are some great songs on it and there are some ok ones imo.

So why is DSOTM known as one of the best rock albums ever?
Last edited by Duffman123 at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by Duffman123
I mean it's a great album, but I don't see why people think it is one of the best of all time. There are some great songs on it and there are some ok ones imo.

So why is DSOTM known as one of the best rick albums ever?

Just because Rick Rubin produced half of the world's music, it doesn't mean he also produced DSOTM.

Edit: It's also because it's a way better album than The Wall.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Sep 21, 2009,
I like The Wall better.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
I think partially its because of some of the processes used on tht album were completely new at the time, especially on the firsst couple of songs, and it just works as an album, it flows beautifully. I prefer other PF albums, but its a lovely album defo
PSN: Noverion
*Shrugs*
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Cause everything that involves David Gilmour is.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Because people have opinions?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Cause its one of the only albums that really pulls together as a whole. It talks about universal themes of madness in modern life. And it was alot of peoples first 'drug' album. It means something to people.
Personally I prefer WYWH, but DSOTM was the albun that got me into the Floyd, and into really listening to music.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Last edited by sg255 at Sep 21, 2009,
It was revolutionary at the time. I'm not sure if I'm a Dark Side or a Wall guy.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
as a whole, it's a really good album. where lots of other albums may have songs that are better individually, in most cases, it doesn't come together as a whole.

that being said, theres LOTS of other albums that are as good/ better as a whole than DSoTM, but it's just one of those things that gains popularity for how good it is at first, but then gets overrated by people 'jumping on the bandwagon'
its not about the individual songs on the album. if you are looking at it that way then it wont be a great album. but, if you look at it as a whole album, listen to it altogether, listen to how the tracks flow, and lose yourself in the music it is an experience you cant beat
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by ultimatedaver
You have to listen to DSotM very stoned to understand why it is so majestic.

I like this.
Quote by keithmoon15
its not about the individual songs on the album. if you are looking at it that way then it wont be a great album. but, if you look at it as a whole album, listen to it altogether, listen to how the tracks flow, and lose yourself in the music it is an experience you cant beat

This is true. Anything by Pink Floyd is meant to be listened to front-to-back.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Because people have opinions?

Aye. I've tried listening to it a few times and didn't enjoy it.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
I am not really into Pink Floyd so much, not that i am trying to spam the thread, i am open to others opinions and i think that some of their songs are pretty amazing, but theres just too much crap inbetween for me.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Syndromity
Cause everything that involves David Gilmour is.

/thread
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

I would like to know if I am the only one who thinks The Great Gig In The Sky is the most boring piece of music on that CD. I fricking love DSotM, but I always skip that track. The rest is just amazing to me.