I have a Line6 Spider IV15, i only practice in my room so i dont need an expensive amp.

I currently use a Epiphone Standard Les Paul and an Original Dunlop Crybaby.

I am getting a Joe Strummer Telecaster and as you know they are completely different from Les Pauls.

The Les Paul has 2 humbuckers and the Tele has single coil picksups but Will i hear much of a sound difference through my amp?
with a spider, everything sounds like ass.

stick with the LP and get an amp that doesnt sound the same with any pickup.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

singles and humbuckers sound different, dont care if its a practice amp ^
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by Silver-spear94
with a spider, everything sounds like ass.

stick with the LP and get an amp that doesnt sound the same with any pickup.

How is this relevant at all?
because i never hear a difference in pickup if im using a crap amp

i tested out the IVs for a laugh, used a tele and a PRS, both sounded basically the same, and sounded like ass.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by McBaino
I have a Line6 Spider IV15, i only practice in my room so i dont need an expensive amp.

I currently use a Epiphone Standard Les Paul and an Original Dunlop Crybaby.

I am getting a Joe Strummer Telecaster and as you know they are completely different from Les Pauls.

The Les Paul has 2 humbuckers and the Tele has single coil picksups but Will i hear much of a sound difference through my amp?

No.

It's a line6 spider 4.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
The Spiders have the tendency to make different guitars sound very similar - however, the differences between those two are so fundamental that you'll still hear a big difference in tone.
Any recommendations for another amp then that is under £110 then if my amp will make it sound pretty similar
There is no real upgrade worrying about right now if your budget is £110, just save it.
Crate V5
Roland Cube
Epiphone Valve Jr.
My Gear
Fender Player's Stratocaster
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Silver-spear94
because i never hear a difference in pickup if im using a crap amp

i tested out the IVs for a laugh, used a tele and a PRS, both sounded basically the same, and sounded like ass.

there's an extreme difference between single coils and humbuckers even through the IV. my buddy has one and ive tried my tele and his sg through it and they sound very different. if you cant tell the difference then you dont have a good ear.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
So should I just stick with the Spider and get a Tele aswell or buy a new amp?
nah i want the tele to play some punk like The Clash (hence Joe Strummer model) and Offspring and stuff like that
If you're on a budget just get a P-90 sized bucker for the bridge of your LP, this should get you some nice single'ish type tones. Save your money and get a nice amp in the future and then........ get the Tele.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Yes, new amp is the next tonal upgrade.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Well i aint allowed anything til Xmas so Ill get the Tele for Xmas and I can get an amp with my money leftover?
If you can live without a Joe Strummer Tele, you could buy an American Std Tele, sell your Spider, get a Vox VT15.

It'd sound much better than a Joe Strummer through a Spider.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
the Joe Strummer is about £800 i think. And i really like the worn out look of it aswell