Hey guys, this one should be quick. I have a custom First Act Sheena, and I'm installing a Bigsby trem on it. The only thing seperating me from this goal is a rounded out screw in the old tailpiece. It fits flush with that plate, so I can't get a set of pliers around it. Any other ideas??
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
drill it and use a screw extractor.

If you use a left-handed bit and run the drill in reverse, it might even bite into the screw while you're drilling and back it out without using the extractor.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
How much might said nifty device cost?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
google "buy screw extractor"...
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
well what I would do is get a dremel and cut a slot in the screw head (like a flathead screw) then use a flathead screwdriver to remove it.

Obviously this will only really work if you can cut into the screw head without damaging the plate, wood, etc.
Quote by Bloodshed
How much might said nifty device cost?
'bout tree fiddy.

... around three and a half dollars, seriously.
you can get them at home centers and auto parts stores.
same for the left-hand drill bits.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Invader Jim
well what I would do is get a dremel and cut a slot in the screw head (like a flathead screw) then use a flathead screwdriver to remove it.

Obviously this will only really work if you can cut into the screw head without damaging the plate, wood, etc.

+1

but yes, you might damadge your guitar.
and if you dont have a dremel, its alot more expensive than a screw extracter thing...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
+1

but yes, you might damadge your guitar.
and if you dont have a dremel, its alot more expensive than a screw extracter thing...

The screw extractor only works OK sometimes. They are a great toll when they work but if the screw does now come out you are in trouble then.

The screw in question should not be seated to tightly so it should come out rather easily. I like the dremal idea too.(If you have one $100.00 for a one time tool is rather high)
Quote by samchuck
The screw extractor only works OK sometimes. They are a great toll when they work but if the screw does now come out you are in trouble then.

The screw in question should not be seated to tightly so it should come out rather easily. I like the dremal idea too.(If you have one $100.00 for a one time tool is rather high)

A Dremel is never going to just be a one-time tool. The uses are infinite. Also recommend getting the flex shaft for guitar work.