Quote by Alex Vik
Behringer EURORACK Mixer
Behringer UPHONO Interface

I know Behringer amps and pedals get a bad reputation, but I don't know how their interfaces and mixers are.

i believe their audio equipment is of much better quality. also for the usb interface
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-UCONTROL-UCA202-USBAudio-Interface?sku=702540

thats what id recommend, its the same price, but i dont know if the one you selected is different
I would stay away from those two products. I've not used the interface before but konw the unit is a 1.1 USb connection and that can be an issue with latency.
Also be aware that the mixer preamps are very noisy on those cheap berry mixers...

I would look into something like a PreSonus Inspire 1394 or EMU 0202/0404 USB.
If you need more inputs than just 2, go with a larger interface. You can find the PreSonus FP10s for cheap now and they sound amazing...just got one myself.

The Uphono was made for record players and will have a strange EQ curve to it. The Ucontrol is the unit you should look into if you go with the behringer set...
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by moody07747
I would stay away from those two products. I've not used the interface before but konw the unit is a 1.1 USb connection and that can be an issue with latency.
Also be aware that the mixer preamps are very noisy on those cheap berry mixers...

If you need more inputs than just 2, go with a larger interface. You can find the PreSonus FP10s for cheap now and they sound amazing...just got one myself.

The Uphono was made for record players and will have a strange EQ curve to it. The Ucontrol is the unit you should look into if you go with the behringer set...

I don't know much about latency, but if all it did was make the track delayed, then I wouldn't have a problem with that, just if vocals were off from guitars on the same track.

I don't have a firewire interface, and I need more than two inputs. Plus, I don't need need to have a different track for each instrument, and if I did, I could just record one at a time, which I'll be doing most the time.

Ah, ok, I wondered what the difference was. I'll get the other one.
Quote by moody07747

Definitely agree with this. USB 1.1 is something you should avoid.

Quote by moody07747

Based on a lot of experience with Behringer mixers, I don't agree with this. There's a stigma attached to their gear, but in my experience, it's largely unwarranted."

Quote by moody07747

Also agree with this. Those EMU pieces are pretty good, and PreSonus interfaces are also usually quite solid.
i had a behringer mixer once. channel one died within a few weeks. had various parts of other behringer equipment die way before they should have.

i stay far away from behringer.
I have the UCA202 (the interface you should be using) and it's great! A/Bing it with the clean signal I can't tell the difference at all. Seriously a brilliant buy.

And bizzarely enough I have that mixer beside me. Now, you get a bit of noise from the mic pres (wait, a moderate amount of noise) but you should really be using separate pres anyway. Otherwise it's good for the price, a bit flimsy I guess but then again a mixer isn't something you usually gig with. Also insane boosting isn't recommended, you'll get some noise if you go too far, but there's no reason for you to be setting gain past +0 anyway.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
yes that Behringer interface is USB1.1

See this link:
http://www.tweakheadz.com/soundcards_for_the_home_studio-page2.htm

I'm not bashing the Behringer mixer randomly. I had an 802 and use another Behringer at school for the small TV studio and both have noisy preamps. They are also flimsy...typical for cheap products.

If you want good sound you will pay good money for it. I used to use a small setup with low end peramps but now I use a PreSonus FP10 and the preamps and new ADA converters make a world of difference in the audio quality.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 22, 2009,
if you're just recording at home, you really aren't going to need a mixer, especially that one. i'd avoid getting one altogether and put all of your money into a better interface with a good DAW.
Quote by climhazzard
if you're just recording at home, you really aren't going to need a mixer, especially that one. i'd avoid getting one altogether and put all of your money into a better interface with a good DAW.

Well, I mainly wanted a mixer because I want an interface like that that you can hook to a mixer and still keep sound, so that I can record shows and practices, so I thought it would make sense to get a mixer.
Quote by Alex Vik
Well, I mainly wanted a mixer because I want an interface like that that you can hook to a mixer and still keep sound, so that I can record shows and practices, so I thought it would make sense to get a mixer.

Explain. You've lost me
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Quote by Union Of V
Explain. You've lost me

Ok.

I want an interface that connects with the red/white cables so that I can connect it to mixers. My band will soon be getting a PA for band practices, and we play at places that have mixers. So instead of getting a multiple 1/4 input interface, I want one with red/white cables and a mixer so I can record practices, shows, and stuff at home.
you still didn't explain why you wanted a mixer, just why you wanted that interface. just take a line or 2 (1/4" to 1/4" or XLR, depending on the gear) out of the mixing board (at the show, etc.) and go into your interface, which would go into your computer and thus into pro tools, cubase, logic, etc.
^^^ The UCA202 IS a sound card....

If the interface accepts line ins, then you can hook the tape in/outs of a mixer up to it, you just need the right cables. Jack, mini-jack, RCA, they're all the same really.
Quote by Tombe