I have a G&K 4x10 cab that I want to try with my HT-5.
The cab has no impedance labels, so I've managed to find a way to measure the inpedance with my multimeter.
The reading I'm getting is 11.2
Because this is over 8, would it be safe to assume that the cab is 16 ohms and that I could run the amp as such?

THX
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
i'll give a generalized answer and guess that it is a bass cab, most bass cabs are rated for 8 ohms and less often 4 ohms. all the G&K 4x10's i saw on a google search were 8 ohm. so i would assume it would be wired for 8 ohms. but if you want to be sure then the best bet is to pull of the back cover and run the numbers on how the speakers are wired, they should have impedances on the dust caps.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Yeah, I assumed it was either 8 or 4 ohm. But my impedance reading says different.
The speakers have no lables and may possibly be aftermarket.
I also cannot find another cab that looks like this one. All Google searches turn up newer G&K cabs that are somewhat different looking.

I have previously run my JSX through the cab at 4 ohms, with decent results. Although it seemed the cab was not pushing at it's full potential. Which tells me the cab may be 8 ohms mono and I was running a safe impedance mismatch.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION