was actually yesterday. But hear me out. You ever find one of those mexican Fenders in the store that has the perfect tone, and best-crafted fretboard you've ever touched? Well yesterday I realized it must be mine. I've been wanting a jazz bass for awhile and this one is absolutely amazing. Although I'm looking for some help on the tone. Can anyone reccomend what to keep the pickups at for certain tones. Like rock tone, a good jazz tone and a slap tone. Anyway here's the pictures. She plays even better than she looks.

Sorry the camera makes it look almost fat. The bass is longer and less wide.
Attachments:
jbass.jpg
jbass22.jpg
fender jbass 2.jpg
fender jazz bass23.jpg
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
I R Jealous, I love maple fretboards on Jazzes

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I've played them, very nice. the slap tone depends on you, I think that it depends on the song, and careful that you don't hit the pickups.
Anyone know anything about these tones?
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
Anyone? I really need some help, I've googled and searched and can't find anything.
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
SD quarter pounders or whatever they are get a lot of love. I personally like Barts, but they're a minority when it comes to upgrading jazz pups.

Awesome bass, by the way. Red + maple would be my ideal jazz, if I ever got enough money to consider buying a bass that I like the sound of but not the feel.
I think that jazz basses sound pretty good in all three genres on any tone setting (the knob, specifically) it just depends on the song and your personal taste.
Love the finish but hate maple. Get me a new neck and I'll steal it from you
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Will anybody answer the real question? All I want is to know which pickup to turn for which tone.
Rock tone (think Led Zeppelin meets Nirvana)
Jazz tone (I think I've got this worked out but if you have any suggestions please go ahead.
Slap tone (I think turning both pickups on max works best but I need some suggestions to try out my tone.)
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
Quote by Canadian_basser
SD quarter pounders or whatever they are get a lot of love. I personally like Barts, but they're a minority when it comes to upgrading jazz pups.

Awesome bass, by the way. Red + maple would be my ideal jazz, if I ever got enough money to consider buying a bass that I like the sound of but not the feel.

*Ahem*
I actually logged in for the first time in 6 months after lurking for a long time, not having anything to add to any conversation.
The time has come to return, as I have this bass. XD

MIA Jazz bass, 2007 model (S1 switch), Red w Maple.

Oh, and yes, it sounds like a dream. Especially through my Ashdown MAG 210t combo.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
You guys are no help.
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
Quote by Canadian_basser
You've had two responses you've completely ignored, so I hope your thread gets closed and you get a warning for being a bit of a jackass

use the searchbar

The reponses didn't help me they just said choose your own. I mean I love to play around with the tones and EQs but I just want some guidelines from other fender jazz players. I thought this would be very easy to come by. And by the way, this topic would not be here if I had not used the search bar and google before creating the thread. The responses really weren't what I was asking for.
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
The simple answer is to fiddle with it until you find a tone you like. Someone else's favorite settings might not be yours.

Basically, the neck pup gives a bassier tone, while the bridge pup adds more mids/high mids and harmonics. The same can be said about how close to the bridge or neck you play.

Congrats on the new bass, btw.
Nope, no sig here.