Have you guys seen this? Peterson has a tuner app for the iPhone that I just downloaded. I think you can get it to work on the iPod touch if you get the extra mic. This is just beyond cool .... and it works just like a the high $$$ units. It's also the best looking tuner I've ever seen thanks to the iPhone super cool display. I'm going to have to rig up a mute switch and I had to order the connector wire but right now I'm glad I didn't buy the $179 strobostomp. Sorry for sounding like a stupid ad but I've wanted something like this forever and compared to those cheap tuners I've used this is just incredible.

Another ****ty app from Apple that makes you think you don't need the real thing because the app is SO TOTALLY RAD AND SO COOL THAT IT'S ON MY PHONE.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by dancesisidance
Another ****ty app from Apple that makes you think you don't need the real thing because the app is SO TOTALLY RAD AND SO COOL THAT IT'S ON MY PHONE.

Actually, apps for the iPhone are very good quality because they are made by companies independent of apple competing for the best app. That is why there are several other guitar tuning apps.

EDIT: And this sounds like you are jealous of his ipod touch because of how awesome they are.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Last edited by pokeatthedevil at Sep 21, 2009,
everything will be on a phone one day. implanted in our brains. still, it is nice to know i can buy software as good as a 175 dollar tuner on my 400 dollar phone(guessing)... and i can buy that flute app they got, get a track mixing program for the OS, and make a few beats and play them in itunes and i can be a 1 phone band...

the future is now.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
everything will be on a phone one day. implanted in our brains. still, it is nice to know i can buy software as good as a 175 dollar tuner on my 400 dollar phone(guessing)... and i can buy that flute app they got, get a track mixing program for the OS, and make a few beats and play them in itunes and i can be a 1 phone band...

the future is now.

I started this thread because it's a really cool app for musicians who already have an iPhone or iPod touch at a very low cost. A Peterson tuner.. the best if you ask me.. goes for a minimum of $179. (if you don't have an i phone a brand new 3G goes for $99. )
damn dude, didn't mean it like that. i was trying to exagerate the price of items to give comparison to how much it cost compared to real stuff. kinda making a comment on how whimsically amusing it is that a phone, of all things, can do what it takes thousands of dollars of equipment to do.

i was in the store last week and i don't remember them being that cheap, but either way, it is still cheap compared to music equipment. didn't think the value of the phone would be taken so personally.

edit:hey, whats the deal? i went and priced new iphones online and got

fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=2SS4SuzzEcKHtgfW9MH4Dg&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=9">fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=2SS4SuzzEcKHtgfW9MH4Dg&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=9">http://www.google.com/products?q=iphone&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=2SS4SuzzEcKHtgfW9MH4Dg&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=9

ranging from 200 to ~700 usd. 400 doesn't seem that outlandish.

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Sep 21, 2009,
in 20 years it'll be the size of a thumb nail able to move the air sorrounding it to conform to dolby 5.1 specs and work off a holographic interface. cost 99.95 usd. you can old previous year models cheaper 50 bucks though, but it won't have the new OS for the new apps.

-ae
meh, i rather have the real thing
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
in 20 years it'll be the size of a thumb nail able to move the air sorrounding it to conform to dolby 5.1 specs and work off a holographic interface. cost 99.95 future creds. you'll be able to get the older models for 50 bucks on ebay, but it won't have the new OS for the new future apps.

-ae
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
meh, i rather have the real thing

Point well taken.

I always have my phone with me that I already pay for. I always stop and look at guitars no matter if they're in a crappy music stores or a garage sale. "Oh look.. I have a freakin' strobe tuner right here in my pocket."

EDIT: Real thing. $249 (The rack one is $400.) both are hard to carry with you. I'm not sure I see the advantage of the affordable real ones. And I hear the stomp button on the strobostomp breaks easily.

Last edited by BobDetroit at Sep 21, 2009,
Yea, a friend has an original Strobo Stomp and the footswitch broke after a few months. They fixed it for him though. This looks cool caus I already have an iTouch. No more out of tune guitars when I go shopping!
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I have the GuitarToolKit app, it tunes accurately enough for me and has chords and a metronome. That app looks cool though, I might have check it out.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON