View poll results: Do You?
Yes.
23 20%
No.
62 54%
I have a hardtail.
29 25%
Voters: 114.
I just did mine today, it took a while to switch strings, re-intonate, measure, and block, but it was soo worth it.

How many UG'er have their trem's blocked?
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I blocked mine several months ago. It's awesome; I get the comfort of the bridge without worrying aout tuning problems as much
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Stupid question here but...what is this trem blocking?

Had to ask, it'll bug me all night
Quote by Mack888
Stupid question here but...what is this trem blocking?

Had to ask, it'll bug me all night

A floyd rose/kahler trem floats, and you block it with wood to make it stay in once place.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I'm not sure if I want to or not to be honest, I don't use mine much but I was thinking about having it done so could change tuning a lot... but then again when I do feel like using the trem it is awesome to have so I don't know...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
No. I have a guitar with a floyd and one with a TOM. I'm set.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Defeats the purpose of having a Floating trem.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Defeats the purpose of having a Floating trem.

i wanted to have mine blocked when my band was playing alot of alt tunnings songs. It's useful at certain times. but yeh it does defeat the purpose of buying a floating trem
Quote by DIFTWOOD
i wanted to have mine blocked when my band was playing alot of alt tunnings songs. It's useful at certain times. but yeh it does defeat the purpose of buying a floating trem

I mean, I get that you by it, then after a while get tired of the trem (and what you said) ... But some people just take it to far.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I have mine 'blocked' the natural way on all my guitars

2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Nope. I've considered it before though, but I think I would eventually miss it.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
No, don't have any of them blocked. Even the edge III. That's what hardtails are for! That's why i have a hardtail...
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
i just have 5 cranked down springs in the strat... 2008+ MIA come with a floating bridge and that was the only thing i disliked about it... so i made it non floating
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
My Strat's vibrato isn't blocked, but it is locked down at the pivot screws and the springs have been tightened all the way, so it doesn't move at all. I've got a guitar with a floyd that I need to leave floating for a few songs but if it wasn't for a few tracks, I wouldn't even have a Floyd at all. 99.9999% of the time I will not even think about touching a vibrato bridge, blocked or otherwise, I go normal ToM/wraparound/hardtail every time.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i buy guitars with a trem for a reason - to use the trem

if you buy a guitar with a trem and block it off, imo you bought the wrong guitar.
no as said defeats the purpose but I love having a floating bridge for me its a fair trade off
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Quote by ibanezgod1973
i buy guitars with a trem for a reason - to use the trem

if you buy a guitar with a trem and block it off, imo you bought the wrong guitar.

not really.
maybe i want the guitar for the neck, the body, the wood, the tone etc...i just dont want the trem bridge
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Antimage27
not really.
maybe i want the guitar for the neck, the body, the wood, the tone etc...i just dont want the trem bridge

couldnt have said it better myself
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
I've got my Jackson's LFR blocked with a Tremol-No, have had it that way for most of this year because the trem screwed up and I decided just to block it rather than fix it. I'm getting an OFR put in soon though which I can't wait for.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
No, I´ve always bought guitars with vibratos so I can use them rather than for other specs.
Quote by Antimage27
not really.

this. Also, imo, it's more comfortable to palm mute with the trem on my PRS than with a hardtail, so I keep it blocked to have the comfort without the tuning issues. Then again, I could learn to string my guitar better
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
All my trems are flush mounted... I'd rather just do bends than have a floating trem...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by POWERMETAL!
one Floyd guitar one hardtail. this is the way to go, a golf club for different shots..

thats my view on it too. i've got a floating trem-equipped guitar. and 2 hardtails. i have the same philosophy about tone too. i have a p90 equipped guitar, one with a piezo set up, a tele that can sound like a strat, a great hard rock tone from a dimarzio super distortion...

the most sounds in as few guitars as possible!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I bought the guitar I did because I knew I'd use the trem.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I prefer a fixed/hardtail but I own several guitars with Floyds and they are not blocked. I feel if you don't want a trem get a guitar without one! I don't bother blocking those and if your good at setting up a trem you don't really need to block it. If you are going to block it do it with the right parts don't glue in wood blocks. Hipshot and Tremol-No are the best alternatives IMO.

One of my high end BC Rich guitars I bought had the trem blocked with wood and it actually ruined the trem because the person who blocked it tried to adjust the action and the blocking was so tight they stripped the posts! (Probably why I got it for a good price) IMO it's not worth blocking them sell the guitar and buy a hardtail if you want to block the trem.

John
Not on my Squire Strat. I never play it though and the pickups are broken, I think I demagnetized them. I'll fix it though, After I get the right tools...
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Saddens me to see a blocked FR. They do work great as hardtails though.
My Ibanez trem bar snapped from vigorous use so I had to block it.
And the Wilkinson trem on my Carvin was proving troublesome (I can't seem to use a trem subtley ) So I blocked that.
But if I had like, a proper strat trem, or a non-recessed wilkinson/floyd rose I wouldn't block it.
Quote by Antimage27
not really.

Then why waste money buying a guitar with that trem if you are just gonna block it? I just don't getting spending extra cash for a guitar with a trem just to block it. It just doesn't make any sense.

I would sell a guitar with a trem I didn't want anymore before I blocked it off. It'd be like buying a Porsche and never getting on it. Why waste the money on something if you can't use it?
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I usually pull my strat trem down hard to the body with extra springs. At the moment it is floating but I don't like when I bend strings and the bridge pulls up and the other strings go flat. I do like the kind of shimmer I get with the floating trem though. Even though I don't use the bar I press the trem down with my palm for a bit of vibrato sometimes. I do have a humbucking hardtail guitar to but I just can't get it to play a nicely as the strat.