hows it goin', i was wondering earlier if you could put two pickups in a guitar.. example, one Seymour Duncan pickup and One EMG pickup, tell me your thoughts on this and if your guitar is set up like that tell me how it sounds
Different brands will work fine together, if that's what you mean. A DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge will work just fine with a Duncan Jazz in the neck.

However, EMGs are stereotypically active, while Duncans are typically passive. I do believe that will function - but it will probably sound like ass.
Yes, they will, but you must wire them different, I believe there's a schematic on the EMG website to do this.

Although, don't use them both together, and stick with either full bridge or full neck.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

yeah you'd need to have two different volume pots, otherwise the EMG would be regular and the passive quiet, or the EMG blowing out your ears and the passive regular.
^not only that, they'd have to be in separate circuits.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
^not only that, they'd have to be in separate circuits.
Yep, this is the only way you can reasonably do it.
So in other words, hassle out the ass, my advice would be to go all passive.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?