Right now, i got a laguna le 122 guitar and a line 6 spider III amp...

I was thinking about upgrading to a new guitar or amp sometime...which do you recommend a new guitar or new amp??

I'm just not sure how much a new guitar would really change sound...but it would allow for different tones which would be interesting...

In terms of music i play...
Metallica (Rhythmn) - only been playing for 6 months (sorry for those fans of MOP and other hard solos)
AC/DC
Disturbed
Red Hot Chili Peppers
GNR
Disturbed

i was also considering a variax effects pedal with basically everything on it but i dont know if that works with a spider ii

w/e thats a lot...any suggestions would be great

thanks
Quote by RockNRollChaps1
New Amp. Spider III is the worst amp ever made,

Its not the absolute worst amp ever made by any stretch of the imagination. However, it definately is not a good amp either.

I'm gonna go amp here as well.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Personally I would go with a new guitar if I felt limited by the 122 in terms of playability. Personally Ive never played one so I can't say. But if the playability of your guitar suits you get a new amp
id really go with new guitar

if you dont thats okay but if you do, id get some the guitar from b.c. rich guitars
Amp dude, and when it come too a new guitar, save money and just get new PUPS installed untill you can afford a really nice guitar. hope that helps
unless you dont like the way the guitar feels i'd get a new amp or a pedal or something
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Fender MIM HSS Strat
Whammy
Crybaby
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Proco Rat
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress
EHX Small Clone
EHX Pulsar Tremolo
Boss RE 20 Space Echo
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Fender Frontman 65R
Your budget would help.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
well because you JUST started playing I would say get a guitar that feels right and fine tune your ear for tone in the next year or so. then get a new amp.
Quote by legallydead
Amp dude, and when it come too a new guitar, save money and just get new PUPS installed untill you can afford a really nice guitar. hope that helps

This.

And also in my opinion, multi effects are "ok" when you combine them with a ****ty amp, but when you get a better amp that has a satisfying tone of its own, you'll probably never use it again. Go for singe effects and you won't go wrong
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
The only answer you're going to get from anyone that "knows what they're talking about" is new amp, because everyone loves to hate Line 6 amps. Really, though, you should hold off on a new amp until you can get a really good one, and get a reasonable guitar first.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.