I dont have one but i've heard that it's a really REALLY nie guitar and worth every penny. And it's purple, you can't go wrong with purple
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
you could get a JP for less than that... much better choice

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
It looks VERY nice except for the Edge Zero
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
It looks VERY nice except for the Edge Zero

this is bad?
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Herman Li, not Lee. Get it right =]

played an EGEN for about 5 mins....and those were the best 5 minutes of my life.
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
Herman Li, not Lee. Get it right =]

played an EGEN for about 5 mins....and those were the best 5 minutes of my life.

i heard dragonforce speeds their stuff up in the studio so they re **** live
Quote by Metlhead443
this is bad?

It's certainly not the best vibrato system that Ibanez has designed...
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop

most have the opposite sentiments of that, but to each his own
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by no.mop

the Edge Zero is Ibanez's 3rd best Trem IMO.

2nd = Pro
1st = The Holy Lo- Pro
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by slash_dan123

They don't even play that fast... faster then me, but not that fast...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by no.mop

I think it's the best trem ever designed. I hate every other trem (except the Edge ZR and ZR2) because of it. I think they took out all of the negatives involved in floating double locking trems with the Zero and ZR.
Not gonna lie, if it could make someone like Herman Li play that fast, then just imagine how fast you'll be able to go on that thing lol
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by biga29

They don't even play that fast.

Paul Gilbert > Herman Ri
in terms of fastness Live or in the studio
feel free to add me
This isn't a debate about Dragonforce, this is about the guitar. Get off your bandwagons and give some actual information.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Metlhead443
most have the opposite sentiments of that, but to each his own

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
the Edge Zero is Ibanez's 3rd best Trem IMO.

2nd = Pro
1st = The Holy Lo- Pro

Jemsite is a massive Edge Zero hating ground, so I'm going by the source I consider reliable and "in the know." Either way, there are better Ibanez-made vibrato systems than the Edge Zero which they could (/should) have put on the EGEN. Especially for the price.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop
Jemsite is a massive Edge Zero hating ground, so I'm going by the source I consider reliable and "in the know." Either way, there are better Ibanez-made vibrato systems than the Edge Zero which they could (/should) have put on the EGEN. Especially for the price.

well you can still swap it for a Pro or an Original Edge
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
well you can still swap it for a Pro or an Original Edge

Nope! That's one of the problems with it. It has different stud spacings from every other bridge, so once you have the EZ, you can't replace it except with another.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop
Nope! That's one of the problems with it. It has different stud spacings from every other bridge, so once you have the EZ, you can't replace it except with another.

it cant!

oh shi-
feel free to add me
Quote by no.mop

I'm curious about why they hate it. Rich from Ibanez Rules also hates the Edge Zero. He advises people to take the stop bar off but that's the part that makes it ingenious for me. Herman Li chose the Edge Zero over the other trems. He designed the guitar himself. I would also choose it too if I had the opportunity to get my own guitar, even if it wasn't an Ibanez. I would try to get an Edge Zero on it. The thing I like most about it is that it feels like a fixed bridge. I can put all the pressure I want on the bridge and it won't budge. I can do all the bends and double stops I want and it works the same as a fixed bridge. Those are things I hate about floating bridges. People say that you can compensate for it or get used to it, but why should I have to. Fine, it doesn't have flutter, but there are so many advantages to it. You can remove the stop bar and it'll operate like a normal trem, but I never even bother. I've tried it a few times, but it's not worth it. It just adds the extra difficulty that I've had the luxury of avoiding. I guess it sucks if you're looking for an OFR type bridge, but I think it's a lot better. It's like the next evolution of trems. The OFR was for people who were dissatisfied with the Strat trem in the late 70s. Now the Edge Zero and Edge ZR are for people who are dissatisfied with the OFR and their clones. That's how I see it. A lot of people actually use aftermarket trem stabilizers to achieve what the Edge Zero provides. I was surprised when I found out that Steve Vai (the master of the whammy bar) uses them.
Quote by Wulphy
This isn't a debate about Dragonforce, this is about the guitar. Get off your bandwagons and give some actual information.

What he said. Herman Ri's signature guitar is amazing though. I mean, are you going to hate Telecasters because they are used in country? Are you going to hate bassists because Pete Wentz is one?
From the video on the Ibanez site they make it seem like they took a standard S series, put in his custom pickups, made it 24 fret, gold plated the hardware, painted it purple and gave it the claw grip.

So take a standard S and put in some better pickups and you are most of the way there. Save for the 24 frets and the scalloped top ones.

And yeah, it is a cool guitar.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
Quote by Zmatt
From the video on the Ibanez site they make it seem like they took a standard S series, put in his custom pickups, made it 24 fret, gold plated the hardware, painted it purple and gave it the claw grip.

So take a standard S and put in some better pickups and you are most of the way there. Save for the 24 frets and the scalloped top ones.

Just going to add: The cutaways on the EGEN are deeper than they are on a regular S.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Zmatt

It's pretty much just an S with an Edge Zero and a scalloped lower horn and last 4 frets. Everything else is just aesthetic. The Prestige S comes with 24 frets now so it's pretty close. The neck also has the same dimensions. I haven't noticed a difference in terms of quality between the sigs and Prestiges and on the Ibanez site, the sig necks are called Prestige. You're pretty much paying for the name on the headstock and the aesthetics when it comes to sigs. But they're still amazing quality and I wouldn't say they're overpriced compared to what other companies charge for their stuff.
I tried one of these out.. and it was pure sex. WAY out of my price range, but I certainly thought about committing felony burglary afterwards.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by slash_dan123

That had nothing to do with what you quoted, and nothing to do with the thread.
Noone thinks you're a bigger person because you dislike Dragonforce, nearly noone around here likes dragonforce, but this is a thread about the EGEN, feck off.

Now, I hear bad things about the Edge Zero, but I think it'd hold up well even though it isn't liked much.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
That had nothing to do with what you quoted, and nothing to do with the thread.
Noone thinks you're a bigger person because you dislike Dragonforce, nearly noone around here likes dragonforce, but this is a thread about the EGEN, feck off.

Now, I hear bad things about the Edge Zero, but I think it'd hold up well even though it isn't liked much.

I like dragonforce
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Edge Zero is really good. But maybe I'm lucky since I had few problems with the Edge III.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Felt like a S-shaped JEM7V in Purple.

They stocked one in my local guitar store and I decided to try it out at the same time I bought my Jemini. It was beautiful. I wouldn't trade my Les Paul for one, but if I had a spare $4000 lying around, it's one of the guitars I would probably consider very seriously.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
I tried it when it came out, and yes, it's an amazing guitar. Many people compare it to the JEM7V, and there are similarities, but I liked this one better, both tonally and feeling-wise.
About the trem, I don't get all the complaints, I've played a few guitars with the Edge Zero and I thought it was very nice. Obviously not on par with the Lo-Pro Edge, but definitely good.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
they are really underrated, i went and saw them at Fillmore in Manhattan, they were ridiculously good. even the bassist picked up a guitar and start soloing like hell. as for EGEN, it's pretty up there in price range, but worth it. i would actually take it over the jem.
Quote by dukeofmetal
I like dragonforce

Shush, you'll make my point invalid.
But seriously, I didn' tsay that noone likes Dragonforce, but with this bandwagon going around saying they're ****, noone dares to speak of them really.
Ive seen an E-GEN in the shop once dont allow palying on it tho But i bet if it entered my hands i would totally cream
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Shush, you'll make my point invalid.
But seriously, I didn' tsay that noone likes Dragonforce, but with this bandwagon going around saying they're ****, noone dares to speak of them really.

ahem
Quote by kckyle
they are really underrated, i went and saw them at Fillmore in Manhattan, they were ridiculously good. even the bassist picked up a guitar and start soloing like hell. as for EGEN, it's pretty up there in price range, but worth it. i would actually take it over the jem.