so i understand my modes n whatever, n i know that to use them fully u need modal progressions, but in some solo's the guitarist mite add a mixolydian flavour or something like that.
does that mean that he will use the specific intervals and special notes of that mode or am i completely wrong? (please dont flame me for being a noob )
That may mean adding in a b7 as an accidental over a major progression. Sometime it is common to use the modal tones as chromatic notes to get a different sound.
Quote by twinrecoil
so i understand my modes n whatever, n i know that to use them fully u need modal progressions, but in some solo's the guitarist mite add a mixolydian flavour or something like that.
does that mean that he will use the specific intervals and special notes of that mode or am i completely wrong? (please dont flame me for being a noob )

I think you don't understand modes.

Show me an example of a solo that has a mixolydian 'flavor', and I'll show you a solo that has a b7.
Is it maybe a modal progression that has left out the 7?
that way you can't see if it is major or myxolydian... ohhh (ghost finger wiggling)

j/k a b7 is very common, so is a tritone. just cause theye're there dodn't mean its in mixolydian or lydian.