Hey, I'm converting a starcaster with swimming pool route into something more like an s series ibanez...or not, idk. Either way, I need to be rid of the swimming pool route and leave just enough for a single coil. Is it ok to fill it with gorilla glue, aka polyurethane glue?
Answer quick please, I can't eat until I finish this!!!
honestly, just get some scrap wood if you can. But i think it SHOULD be okay to use gorilla glue. but ive never used in for filling in a large space
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
No, gorrila glue is not a proper filler.

Go buy proper wood filler, or better yet: Fill it with a piece of wood and use wood filler to fill the remaining cracks. You'll be mighty hungry if the stores are closed, man.
------

Shwiggity.
NO! Never use gorilla glue on anything you want to look nice. I got it on my guitar when I was fixing my straplocks and it destroyed my finish because it wouldn't wash off my hands and I didn't realize that I was rubbing permanent fingerprints on my guitar. It won't even buff out.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
NO GORILLA GLUE!!!! Fill it w/ wood and then connect it w/ wood glue or wood filler
Insomnium, Noumena, Katatonia- My favorite bands
also when you fill in the spots around the wood mix the filler with a bit of wood dust
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
ya, pretty much whats been said already is the correct method. fill with wood and some wood filler. itll be much better, if not a little easier too me thinks.
WHY THE HELL would you fill the swimming pool with glue?

thats just stuipid.

and why cant you eat unless you finish this? thats just fvcked up.

just get some scrap wood in there. glue it in and re-rout.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
WHY THE HELL would you fill the swimming pool with glue?

thats just stuipid.

and why cant you eat unless you finish this? thats just fvcked up.

just get some scrap wood in there. glue it in and re-rout.

No need to be an asshole. He's recieved several comments saying everything relevant in your comment without the bullshit on top of it.
------

Shwiggity.
As everyone said above, and here's an example I used to fill a middle single coil pickup on a Yamaha. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20646236&postcount=24 A small block of wood cut and chiseled to fit in the slot, sanded down, wood filled, sanded and primed. I ended up sanding it down and filling it more after that pic as you can see the slight outline of the middle pickup still in that pic.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by David Collins
If there were a single worse choice of anything to fill with than Gorilla glue, I can't really think of it. Butter, perhaps.
All deeze brainz n funneh, 2.
dude, I like you more and more with every post.

Quote by David Collins
Stop what you're doing, walk away from it, and come back when you're not in such a hurry. Rush things, especially when you don't really know what you're doing, and you're just going to mess things up.
QFT

Quote by David Collins
The dumbest things people every do, tend to be when they are in a rush to get something done, and aren't doing the proper research or thinking things through clearly. If you had gone and filled it with Gorilla glue, that would have been a perfect example.
We gotta give the boy credit for asking instead of doing, then asking us how to deal with mess, right?

Quote by David Collins
If you want to fill an entire swimming pool route, the most practical filler is wood, fit and glued, and since you're not likely to get perfectly fit joints all around epoxy is probably the most appropriate choice of adhesive for you.
I'm guessing this guy is looking to fill the middle and leave HB openings at either end. So the ends of the block won't be all that critical. They'll have HBs and rings. Just the sides need to fit tightly.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Sep 21, 2009,
Heres the pic of mine with the middle pickup filled in with a block of wood.

Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Well, the pickguard isnt going to cover the filled areas, so i'll probably do the epoxy thing. I plan on doing 3 coats of primer anyway before painting, so that should make any irregularities practically nonexistant. Thanks for the advice though.