does that make you good?i mean just being able to play anything from acoustic folk,to funk,to,metal,and alittle bit of jazz...
It doesn't automatically make you a good player, but it can help. I know having eclectic tastes has certainly helped me be a better musician.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Being good means you can make someone happy when you play. Even if it's just yourself. if you can do it, you're good.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Being good means you can make someone happy when you play. Even if it's just yourself. if you can do it, you're good.

If skill = "making yourself happy", I'm Eric Clapton
Goodness gracious me!
Quote by metaldud536
You might be able to play these styles....but can you play each of them well? Also your question sounds like something an insecure instrument player would ask.

yes i mean being able to play and solo proficiently in each style...
This was just made yesterday. You can't remake threads.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
You can't just dick around with a jazz scale and say you know how to play jazz. Or figure out some open chords and play folk all day.

I'd say it would give you variety, which would contribute to being a good "guitarist". Your playing in the end is what makes you great.