My band has everything we need except for a good PA system. We have 3 mic's and cables, we lack a decent mixer and some speakers. Anyone know of some affordable PA combo packs that we could take a look at?
We wanna keep it under 500 bucks.
Thanks in advance
Look at Behringer Xenyx for mixers, I have a 12 channel one with FX (reverb, delay etc) and phantom power, its great

I've heard good things about the Yamaha Stagepas as a PA system, and check out thomann.de's own range of monitor speakers - obviously they don't need to be great quality so you can get them for about £100 a piece
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master
The Stagepas comes with a simple mixer and amp built in. They are great quality but the 300 is not very loud. The 500 is louder and more expensive. If you get this now or something similar then it will make a good stage monitor when you can afford a bit more. Something like this improves your rehearsals a lot.

Read the guide to PA in the columns.

Cheers
Quote by PuppetMaster91
Look at Behringer Xenyx for mixers, I have a 12 channel one with FX (reverb, delay etc) and phantom power, its great

I've heard good things about the Yamaha Stagepas as a PA system, and check out thomann.de's own range of monitor speakers - obviously they don't need to be great quality so you can get them for about £100 a piece

idk about behringer man. My drummer bought some kind of behringer mixer (don't remember the model) and when he got it it wouldn't even work, and he wanted to get his money back, but they were being dicks about it, wanting to send him another one, blah blah blah and it's now just rotting in his room. (of course that's partially his fault, but ya know)

I've just generally had bad experiences with behringer. I bought a used behringer amp a long while back and it was great, but after having it about 5 months it crapped out on me. I took it to a shop to get it fixed and they said every time they fixed one thing something else blew out. they finally thought they had it fixed, I took it home, and it screwed up again.

and I've had a behringer EQ pedal screw up on me.

maybe it's just bad luck, idk
Behringer don't do proper quality control which would be OK if they were good at after sales. They also over rate their amps and speakers so 200W Behringer is 100W from anyone else.

They are cheap for a reason but having said that I use one of their mixers and a PA amp with no problems for at least three years. I would only buy them from a shop which I know would replace them with no fuss never mail order or internet.
What about the following packages:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Phonic-Powerpod-780-S715-PA-Package?sku=630490

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Phonic-Powerpod-740-Plus-S715-PA-Package?sku=630489

I cant really tell what the difference between the two mixers is and why they're 60 dollars apart.
Would either of these systems be adequate enough for a small gig outside?