Lol i've been on here a million times asking about amps/gear etc. but i just wanna know, what amp do you guys think i should buy for $750-1000 Canadian. I like old metal such as Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Zep, Ozzy etc. but i also like variety of clean tones. I really like to have my mids scooped (i play lots and lots of metallica). So fire away, i'm gonna go watch a movie so i'll see you're guys comments later.Oh and can you guys give me a suggestion as to why my Vox is so muddy, well the tone isn't very muddy but its muddy and it's starting to bug me. Me and my band are doing enter sandman and since theres alot of palm muting it just drives me MAD when i'm playing and it's all muddy... it couldn't be the tiny tube since it was replaced a 4-6 months ago (well it could be). I turned my distortion pedal off and it makes it way better but still... i think it's just my amp.

Oh and is the Peavey Vyper 120 Watt good?
The Peavey XXX would fit the bill for ya................and you can find the used for Good prices right now.
Check out the blackstar ht-5
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
I second the XXX. I love mine.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Scooped mids and those bands do not get along, except maybe pre Black Album Metallica. I'm really tired and can't think of anything right now, I'll post back in a bit.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Scooped mids and those bands do not get along, except maybe pre Black Album Metallica. I'm really tired and can't think of anything right now, I'll post back in a bit.

Yeah i realize that, i play alot of metallica so that's why i said that.
K i'll look at the XXX, i've looked at the HT-5 before and it's ok imo. Blackstar Series One are great amps though.

Edit:Looked at a couple videos i just creamed.

Edit 2: Are they discontinued? Keep the suggestions coming though. I wanna go out on a amp demoing spree.
Last edited by maowcat at Sep 22, 2009,