Page 1 of 2
i am planning out a custom parker. I want it to end up being one of the best guitars in the custom world. i want it to be full of perfect electronics here's what i got on my list

sustaniac Pickup
Midi Ready
Line 6 variax
Planet waves auto trim tuners (they do lock)
LED Fret Dots
peizo pick-ups

its just not enough for me... i need it to be perfect, one of the best guitars in history. are there any more electronics out there to add to a guitar

is there anything that gives it

Bass sounds
Distortion Built in
Delay
pinch shifting
internal synthisizer (like vg strat)

or anything else?...
There's these things they invented back in the 60's... pedals or something or other... I don't know....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
You DO realize that parkers are already not the biggest or thickest guitars, and you'll need to have multiple or very large cavities routed to install the electronics and therefore make the guitar even heavier? And tons of knobs.

Basically you're just being insanely impractical. Hell, even Matt Bellamy knows his limits with crap to cram into a guitar; you should too.
Quote by Pac_man0123
You DO realize that parkers are already not the biggest or thickest guitars, and you'll need to have multiple or very large cavities routed to install the electronics and therefore make the guitar even heavier? And tons of knobs.

Basically you're just being insanely impractical. Hell, even Matt Bellamy knows his limits with crap to cram into a guitar; you should too.

they will find a way
Quote by Pac_man0123
You DO realize that parkers are already not the biggest or thickest guitars, and you'll need to have multiple or very large cavities routed to install the electronics and therefore make the guitar even heavier?

pretty much. sounds like you need to mount this in a les paul style body, or even in a bass. warmoth did a guitar prototype from their gecko bass body style. using a bass body should give you plenty of room for this stuff.

about other electronics; i'd be happy with a sustainiac and a piezo, so i don't really have any more ideas sorry
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Sounds crap really. Probably the only thing there I'd ever use would be the piezo. Why have onboard pitch shifters, distortion and delay anyway? You'd waste more time turning them on and off than you'd actually spend playing. There's a reason guitars don't already come with all those things built in.
its impracticle but thats what makes it parker... and a custom... hell yes... parker even made a guitar with all this eccept the midi wasnt a gk3 i was just an out put (from the sustaniac or variax assume) I dont know TOOO much about guitars but i would really like that pinch shifter or tuning...

quick question by the way, do the planet waves auto trim ever need to be sharpened?? because it seems impossible to have them for 2 years and have it working great... but just answer the tuner question and get right back to the electronics... i must get the best, I MUST GET THE BEST GUITAR
Quote by nickdohle
whats your budget..

I WONT be getting it for a few years... but ill give up my first car for it if thats what it takes
Simplicity is best when it comes to guitars. The more electronics you have in it, the more it degrades your signal. This is also true of the effects chain and amp. Don't go adding unnecessary stuff.
Your "not getting it for a few years"? Psh, you'll never get it. I guarantee you'll get over this phase pretty quickly. Getting a guitar with this much extra crap is just silly. Feel free to check out how well the 'Les Paul Recording' model was received. You basically want that, but with more stupid add-ons. Why not just get a normal guitar (Hell, even a custom, well made) with the Piezo, add in a sustainiac, and add in the tuners? The rest of that is not only pointless, but most of it is in poor taste too, especially given the logic behind grabbing them.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
you'll be giving up alot more than just your first car
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by JELIFISH19
Simplicity is best when it comes to guitars. The more electronics you have in it, the more it degrades your signal. This is also true of the effects chain and amp. Don't go adding unnecessary stuff.

your right. but i still want it anyways... so i guess no more unless that pinch shifter comes found. but i cant fully trust a reply like that if all you got is a guitar and a gt10
its called a pitch shifter
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by bellamy_morello
you'll be giving up alot more than just your first car

i was an intermediate guitarist when i was 12... i'm the best guitarist i know. Its not bragging by the way. Its pure truth, its bragging when you say it 3 times in a row.
Quote by bellamy_morello
its called a pitch shifter

sorry a habit, just like i call sperzel, Sprezel
Last edited by midimade4me at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by midimade4me
your right. but i still want it anyways... so i guess no more unless that pinch shifter comes found. but i cant fully trust a reply like that if all you got is a guitar and a gt10

And care to provide us the detail of what gear you own? If you want an answer don't be a dick. My answer is of course that it's possible but it'll end up costing more then your first car.
Quote by midimade4me
i was an intermediate guitarist when i was 12... i'm the best guitarist i know. Its not bragging by the way. Its pure truth, its bragging when you say it 3 times in a row.

By whose standards were you an "intermediate guitarist" when you were 12? I highly doubt that.

That is bragging. Stop being a stuck up prick. Even the best virtuosos have said they still have a lot to learn.

As for the topic, there is no "best guitar" you're putting in so much effects it'll disrupt your signal and mess up your guitar's natural tone as it is. You don't even have enough money to afford it currently, and you probably won't want it when you do get the money.
Wow, dude. I didn't want to come back in here, since I felt I chewed you out too harshly, but REALLY? You're 13 -.-
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Quote by midimade4me

Could he be the next Yngwie?
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
Quote by midimade4me

What does my gear have to do with anything? I have a couple of great guitars, and an incredibly convenient playing solution that works perfectly for me. Isn't that all a guitarist can ask for? It seems like you haven't grasped that concept yet since you're just trying to get ideas for random electronics to put in your custom guitar that you're probably never going to get. But it's very stupid to add stuff to a guitar when it's easier to press with your feet and it routes out a bunch of the expensive wood you're paying for in a custom guitar.

The fact that you said you were an intermediate guitarist at 12 and that you're the best guitarist you know just makes you look like a dumbass. It also has nothing to do with anything in this thread. You asked a question, don't be a jerk.
This has gotta be a troll. Lets see your 13 and the best guitar player your ever met. And your profile was started today. A side note when you post an mp3 on your profile its usually supposed to be something you recorded not just something you copy off of a CD.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Sep 22, 2009,
midimade4me is an absolute legend.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Why not just get a Parker with a sustainer in the neck and the tuners, and a Line 6 Variax?

It'll get you all the tones you're asking for. And get effect pedals. There's no point shoving tons of stuff into your guitar, because the more you cram in, the lower the quality of the effects will be. Plus, the more the actual guitar will be.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
okay guys ya im 13 but i know my future well and so many guitar sites kick me off just cause im a kid, so chill i dont get it... most people think its cool when they see a little boy playing descent music. you want a recording ill give you a recording of a kid who is beter than %55 of the people on this site and no **** my friends. think about it. please dont luagh at someones dreams. I wouldntdo that to a 5 year old. (its just im a kid i havent recorded cds imnot a pro... thats why im waiting years for that guitar)

all good guitarists say

"how can you be a better musician than before and a worse person than before"

please dont call me a dick or whatever ive been treated so bad online just for being my age and now i gotta lie about it??

Quote by Lil Macker
Why not just get a Parker with a sustainer in the neck and the tuners, and a Line 6 Variax?

It'll get you all the tones you're asking for. And get effect pedals. There's no point shoving tons of stuff into your guitar, because the more you cram in, the lower the quality of the effects will be. Plus, the more the actual guitar will be.

maybe... it's semi midi ready but it dosent have the gk3 in it so i cant mix the variax with the synth... can I?
Awful idea, awful thread.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Awful idea, awful thread.

your right, oh ya but not on the idea
Last edited by midimade4me at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by midimade4me
okay guys ya im 13 but i know my future well and so many guitar sites kick me off just cause im a kid, so chill i dont get it... most people think its cool when they see a little boy playing descent music. you want a recording ill give you a recording of a kid who is beter than %55 of the people on this site and no **** my friends. think about it. please dont luagh at someones dreams. I wouldntdo that to a 5 year old. (its just im a kid i havent recorded cds imnot a pro... thats why im waiting years for that guitar)

all good guitarists say

"how can you be a better musician than before and a worse person than before"

please dont call me a dick or whatever ive been treated so bad online just for being my age and now i gotta lie about it??

You came off as a dick because you claim you were an intermediate guitarist at 12, and now you're 13 and supposedly the best guitarist you know. You don't need to flaunt how good you are, nor your age. It's stupid and it makes you seem simple minded and a douche.

If you want respect on this forum, don't shoot off people's opinions unless it's disrespectful toward you, and don't brag. Address people accordingly also.
oh ya heres my gear...

pedal pad axs xl (holly **** its almost as big as me!!)
Roland Gr 20 (dude i love that pedal more than my guitar)
OD 20
RE 20 (shouldn't have gave up my dd6 now i got no delay, but i like space echo more. so
its all good

Digitech Jamman (unlimited looping because of the compact flash... making it better than a
RC 50 in my opinion)

line 6 modulation

line 6 pod 2.0
Quote by midimade4me
your right, oh ya but not on the idea

The idea is (somehow) even worse than the thread. A guitar like that would be extremely impractical to play and mostly likely sound awful, which would disqualify it from being, *ahem* "The Best Guitar Ever".
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
The idea is (somehow) even worse than the thread. A guitar like that would be extremely impractical to play and mostly likely sound awful, which would disqualify it from being, *ahem* "The Best Guitar Ever".

hahaha... dude its not "Ahem"

"the best guitar ever" YET it has to be built
Quote by midimade4me

...when did I say it had been built? That doesn't mean it's not an awful concept.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by midimade4me

There's no such thing as "the best guitar ever" seriously. There are guitars that are most suited to your application.
Page 1 of 2