Alright, so I was just messing around or whatever and I noticed something.

I went from

---------
---------
--4--4---
--6--4---
--7--6---
---------

Is it just me or do both those chords sound "happy"?

The first chord is E and the 2nd I'm not sure about. It's technically a D#m with a flatted 6th/13th degree. What is the name of the second chord/is it major or minor?

Another way I could write it is

---------
----7----
----8----
----9----
----6----
---------

I know a bit about chord theory but I haven't learned about flatted 6th/13ths or flatted 4ths/11ths.

I just really want to know what the name of that chord is so I can make sense of it.
Quote by church773
Alright, so I was just messing around or whatever and I noticed something.

I went from

---------
---------
--4--4---
--6--4---
--7--6---
---------

Is it just me or do both those chords sound "happy"?

That second chord there is a B major. It contains a B, D#, and F#...so yea it sounds 'happy' lol.
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
Wouldn't the second chord be D#m(b6)? And how is that a flat 6th? The 6th of D# in the key of E is B... The flat 6th of D# would be Bb... >_> though I may just be horribly embarressing myself, as I'm not so good on the naming/notation of chords with 6s in them >_<

EDIT: NVM, it just a B in first inversion, I had a major brain fart...

Double EDIT: BEat to it.
Quote by hothead69999
That second chord there is a B major. It contains a B, D#, and F#...so yea it sounds 'happy' lol.

Okay so I played the chord with an open-G shape (764447) and it was a b. Just looks minor since what i thought was the root note was D# i thought it was a D#m Aug5. Thanks, guys