Has anyone on UG tried this?

i recently started jamming with this dude who plays through a ****load of pedals and a traynor bass head into an orange 4X12 and his tone is surprisingly bright and not bad sounding at all

i tried it on a solid state orange 35b combo and the tone (when cranked) is really crunchy, good for punk/classic rock and many current forms of modern rock

has anyone tried this? or even plays with their rig like this? i know fender bassman's are known to be really great accidental guitar amps meant for bass, what are bass amps sound decent when they're played through with a guitar?
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
Bass amps are awesome for a lot of sounds, most definitely.
I play thorugh bass amps all of the time, both my main amp and my practice amp. I actually play a Traynor Bassmaster too. They are based off of the Tweed Bassman/Plexi so they are more than awesome for guitar too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I love the cleans on my Acoustic B200. Mmm, so much solid state headroom.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
if bass amps are so good for tone, how come not everyone uses them?
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by GODhimself37
if bass amps are so good for tone, how come not everyone uses them?

Because they don't suit every playing and musical style. It's down to preference, really.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Because they don't suit every playing and musical style. It's down to preference, really.

thanks
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Bass amps are pretty legit for squeaky clean tones, and they tend to take pedals well because of that clean sound and because basses often have active electronics.
I used to use a keyboard amp for jazz, and it worked very well. If you just want cleans and headroom, those types of amp are often very good because of the EQ options and speaker design.