Poll: Save for bass amp or buy recording equipment?
Poll Options
View poll results: Save for bass amp or buy recording equipment?
Keep saving
3 60%
Recording equipment
2 40%
Voters: 5.
Right now, I have enough money to buy some recording equipment as an upgrade from my current setup which is a 1/4 -1/8 adapter. But, I'm going to be saving on a bigger bass amp, since my current one doesn't get loud enough. Which would be the better idea?
I'd take gigging gear over recording gear; but it depends on your priorities more than my advice.
Quote by Cholas
I'd take gigging gear over recording gear; but it depends on your priorities more than my advice.

Well, I'm having a hard time trying to organize my priorities, so that's why I made the thread.
Well I take it you are in a band of some sort so let me ask you this what are your recording options. Are there any local studios or friends with good recording gear available for your band to record with? If so you can forego the Recording gear and you can track there or if you have decent stuff record using what you have for your band.

Remember a better sounding demo will get you more and better gigs. Not to mention it's your product to sell to fans and the like. So if this is the case get the Bass amp.

You have the Acoustic B10 for your bass amp? you won't be able to gig with that you'll need atleast 100w to gig I'm fairly sure. Get the Bass amp if you are in a band and like I said the recording gear can wait. Or you have a year so do both that's a long time to save.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
Quote by amatas83
Well I take it you are in a band of some sort so let me ask you this what are your recording options. Are there any local studios or friends with good recording gear available for your band to record with? If so you can forego the Recording gear and you can track there or if you have decent stuff record using what you have for your band.

Remember a better sounding demo will get you more and better gigs. Not to mention it's your product to sell to fans and the like. So if this is the case get the Bass amp.

You have the Acoustic B10 for your bass amp? you won't be able to gig with that you'll need atleast 100w to gig I'm fairly sure. Get the Bass amp if you are in a band and like I said the recording gear can wait. Or you have a year so do both that's a long time to save.

I don't know of any local studios. I'm the only one I know with something to record with, which would be a USB mic and a 1/4 - 1/8 adapter.

Nothing to say about the second paragraph.

Yeah, that's why I've been thinking about getting the bass amp first instead. Money is hard to come by for me, since I don't have a job, so I just have to hope for $600 to come my way from Christmas and my birthday.