The title pretty much says it all .. I play a lot of classic rock/metal so the best one for those styles!

Thanks, very appreciated!
Good thing about the Vypyr is that it has a tube power section.

With the VT, though, it does a really good job of sounding tube, even though it isn't.

The metal settings on the Vypyr may be more to your liking, but I'm willing to bet that the classic rock settings on the Vox are going to sound better.

They both have ****ty speakers, and are made in third world countries, if that matters in your decision.

The VT will be cheaper and probably lighter, so keep that in mind with your decision.

Your best bet is to play them side by side.
Peavey Vypyr ftw
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Not a big fan of either, but out of the two, the Vyper. You could probably do better for the money though.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I'm also open to suggestions so if you guys have any for around that price wich is 500$ it would also be appreciated!
I think the first reply has some errors. The Vox VT series have a 12AX7 dual triode tube which 'acts' as a power amp. The Vypyr Tube 60 has 6L6's in the power amp. So both are hybrid amps, albeit the Vypyr has more tubes I think...

I've got a VT50 and it can sound awesome with some fiddling; you do need to fiddle, though. On power-up it can sound quite harsh and 'artifacty', but that seems to vanish as the tube warms up (or maybe it's just that I WANT to believe it's really an AC30!!). I believe the vypyr amp models esp the high gain ones are superior to the Vox but I've never tried one in the flesh. A local dealer recommended the VT series, having owned a Tonelab ST pedal I was sceptical as I wasn't that impressed with that, but my VT50 properly dialled in sounds awesome, especially on clean/crunchy settings.

I'd reckon with a bit of tweaking you can't go far wrong with either. Suppose it comes down to cost and number of amp models/effects needed? The Peavey's got much more scope and the sanpera pedals look fantastic; the VT series only have a 4-channel footswitch which allows you to swap between presets or your own saved presets. I always use my own because you can save the volume setting for your own presets but the stock ones can vary from model to model - have read some complaints about people getting nasty volume spikes or drops when playing live (cure this by using your own!).

Vox VT50 - got mine for £209 + £45 for pedal = giggable setup for under £250. The Vypyr will set you back a good few hundred more than that with a pedal...

Good luck whatever you deceide to go with \m/
^why did you bump this thread from September?

1 - 12AX7 in the power section doesn't mean anything. It does nothing really to shape tone.

The first post was spot on and even if it was wrong, does not mean this should have been bumped.

Do NoT PoSt In tHis THreAd AnyMoRe

Please
^why did you bump this thread from September?

1 - 12AX7 in the power section doesn't mean anything. It does nothing really to shape tone.

The first post was spot on and even if it was wrong, does not mean this should have been bumped.

Do NoT PoSt In tHis THreAd AnyMoRe

In reply to each point you make:

1. When I'm looking for opinions on gear I search everywhere. WHEN the thread was started is irrelevant. Whether the information could help someone make a decision IS.

2. According to my ears my VT50 sounds very tubelike on some amps, having owned a tube amp, and I do believe the tube does make a difference. But that would come down to an expert on tube amps proving the case, wouldn't it?

3. IMHO there's nothing wrong with correcting erroneous statements in trying to help someone make a decision.

4. Are you a moderator or something? Because otherwise don't tell me what to do. It's a free world - or at least I thought it was
The Vypyr is better all around but the VT50 can do some nice classic rock and tighten up for metal provided you add some od to the front end. I thought the Vypyr was pretty good on the classic rock on the plexi setting.
Quote by eargasmicalist

In reply to each point you make:

1. When I'm looking for opinions on gear I search everywhere. WHEN the thread was started is irrelevant. Whether the information could help someone make a decision IS.

4. Are you a moderator or something? Because otherwise don't tell me what to do. It's a free world - or at least I thought it was

Then read the rules. Besides, the Thread Started asked this question back in September. I'm sure he/she has made a decision by now.

The VT may have 'tube tone' but it is not coming from that little 12ax7 in the power section. 12ax7s are typically used in the preamp section, not the power. It is a gimmick. I am happy you are happy with your amp, they are fine amps.
Quote by imgooley
Good thing about the Vypyr is that it has a tube power section.

With the VT, though, it does a really good job of sounding tube, even though it isn't.

The metal settings on the Vypyr may be more to your liking, but I'm willing to bet that the classic rock settings on the Vox are going to sound better.

They both have ****ty speakers, and are made in third world countries, if that matters in your decision.

The VT will be cheaper and probably lighter, so keep that in mind with your decision.

Your best bet is to play them side by side.

I had a Vypyr 60 and have had a Vox Ad50vt. And let me say that the Vypyr is superior in every way. It has better classic rock sounds on the Vypyr than the VT or AD. But the Vypyr it is unique in a modeling sense in that it has a sharc processor, google it and you will see what I mean. Also the Vypyr has a speaker out to a cabinet and at that time I had a 2x12 B-52 cab and it was freaking was thunderous
I love the plexi model on the Vypyr and the 6505 green model both are distinctly
classic sounding.