Alright, I'm looking for a new guitar, and I've got it fairly specified what I want.

The specs I'm looking for are:

- Symmetrical V-shape- no RR styles

- Floyd Rose bridge

- At least a bridge humbucker

- Ebony fingerboard preferred, but will work with rosewood

- Mahogany body preferred

- 24 frets

- Prefer silver, white, black, or red finish

- Higher fretboard radius- one of my current guitars is a VMNT and its radius is 16, looking for something similar

It'll be used almost exclusively for metal such as Metallica, Megadeth, Mastodon, etc. (Not just M-named bands. ) Budget is $500-$800, possibly willing to spend a little more if it's well worth it.

So far, I've found 4 guitars, and tried all but one at Guitar Center, using a Peavey Vypyr, I think on a Diezl setting, dialed in to something decent.

- Schecter V-1 FR: Liked it, but I feel like it's a little pricey for what I'm getting. Sounded way too bland, but that might've been the amp.

- LTD V 401DX: I liked the neck/fingerboard on this one, but I don't know much on LTD reliability. Sounded similar to the Schecter.

- ESP NV: This is the one that I didn't get to try. I know it doesn't fit into the budget, but if I go used it might, and it's almost a perfect match for what I want. Any known issues with these?

- Jackson KVX10 King V: Attractive price, but the Duncan-designed pickups make me iffy on it. Sounded decent enough, but something with the neck felt off, almost like it was bulging at the lower frets. Not sure if that's common or if I got a lemon or what.

So, what do you guys recommend?
I went through a lot of manufacturer's sites and scoured eBay and the local Craigslist, and these were the attractive options to me. Suggestions for guitars not listed are more than welcome!
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Sorry, lost me at "symmetrical V"...

But you could just build one from scratch.

Or try to find another Jackson to see if the neck problem is common. Also, if you don't like the duncan design pups, then replace them with something good. Soldering is fun.
By "symmetrical V" I mean both wings match, or are at least close, in length.

And does anyone have experience with the Jackson pickups?
Quote by Wisthekiller

That's not what I meant by "lost me".

Anyway, my experience with Jackson/Duncan Design pups is they're pretty average. I'd replace them w/EMG actives, but that's just me.
i had a kelly w/ jackson dd pups they did the job. and the neck was really sweet if you like thin fast necks. give jackson another shot. also ive played some nice LTD guitars too, i wouldnt turn my nose up at those either. i`d just find out all i could about that particular model
tobacco sunburst schecter c1 classic
black,with creme binding ibanez arc-100
tubescreamer
fender,"ultimate chorus"amp
Gibson Flying Vs on craigslist, or a Dean. Craigslist or ebay usually have good deals and id say a flying v could be bought 4 $800 used.
B.C. Rich Body Art Collection June Flesh Ring Warlock

Marshall 8040 Valvestate

1978 Peavey Classic VT 212 amp

All this 4 sale
The Gibson doesn't have the Floyd Rose, and only has 22 frets, so it's pretty less than ideal.
The only Dean V's that have a Floyd are the Dime Razorbacks as far as I know, and that's not entirely what I'm looking for in terms of price and style.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Any other suggestions/comments?
Quote by Wisthekiller

I wouldn't care for the shape

to me it's Les Paul or a Strat ... I wouldn't go with anything else
Really random question..

But if you had a choice between a black guitar and a red guitarr..
Naturally.. which guitar would you go forr? :P

I've spent months looking at guitarss and i've finally found a good one for me in my price range..
just stuck on teh colourr cause they're both so sexyy.. which one would you get?
Sorry for the hijackk.. i just wanted someone elses opinion

http://www.roblevene.com/guitar_collection_concise1/rg1570ca/images/rg1570ca_001.jpg
That's a red one

http://www.fmusic.it/negozio/catalog/images/ibanez%20rg1570.jpg
That's a black one

Thanks guys
I have a Les Paul already, and I don't personally find Strat-styles comfortable enough. The V style, for me, has the best fret access, and I actually like playing with it sitting down.

Given those two, I would say red.

Color isn't a huge issue for me, as in I would more than willingly get a guitar in a different color, but those are the ones I like on guitars.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Alright.. Thanks!
Aandd.. I'd sayy have a look at the Ibanez XPT (Xiphos) seriess.. great fret access on those..
I'd sayy probably better than the V... because you can actually fit it comfortablyy on your knee!
http://bcrich.com/v_jr_nj_dlx.asp

Mahagony body, symmetrical V, ebony fretboard, onyx finish, EMG 81/85, Original Floyd Rose, 24 frets, neck-through construction and I guess the price is good too.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
That BC Rich actually looks decent. Is it worth it being... a BC Rich?
Quote by Wisthekiller

Quote by Pink Muse
That BC Rich actually looks decent. Is it worth it being... a BC Rich?
BC Rich is far from being a bad company.

Don't listen too the bandwagon. BC Rich sucks if it's their low end guitars.

The NJ V is a high-end BC Rich.
^^^^ Holy Cow! If you're into the V shape, that looks like a heck of a deal. The EMGs alone are worth 1/3 the price and for a USA-made guitar, that's incredible. Some LFRs are better than most OFRs. This Rondon might be the way to go.

By the way, you might want to check out Chasing Shadows' recommendation. I have one in pure black and it's hard to beat for quality & value. It cost half what I paid for an MIA Fender, yet it has reverse headstock, neck-through, mahogany, locking trem, & DiMarzio D-Activator pups.

Also, to the threadjacker...All 4 of my guitars are either black or black-based (one has gray stripes, another a white pick-guard, and the other has a white pick-guard over a sunburst--which is pure black along the edges). No red guitars here, but I'd make an exception if a red Airliner came my way.
I appreciate the suggestion for the Ibanez, but I looked through, and I'm not looking for a Strat shape, thanks. Thought I made it clear enough before.

Are Agiles decent? I've heard a few good things about their Les Paul copies, but they're still fairly unknown to me.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Quote by Pink Muse
I appreciate the suggestion for the Ibanez, but I looked through, and I'm not looking for a Strat shape, thanks. Thought I made it clear enough before.

Are Agiles decent? I've heard a few good things about their Les Paul copies, but they're still fairly unknown to me.

Ibanez Xiphos is a Strat shape?

More of an X shape; which is like a V but with pointy horns going the other direction too. Which makes it comfortable to play sitting down.
Oh, my bad. It's still not the shape I'm looking for though. When I looked on Ibanez's site all I saw were super-Strats.
Quote by Wisthekiller