I was thinking about getting it.I play mostly metal.Anything from thrash to death.What do you guys think?
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
I don't like basswood for a lot of metal. I think there are better woods for the genre. A lot of metal guitarists who play Ibanezes use a mahogany RG or S. But try it out, that's the best advice.
well the most I can go to is mabe 1000 usd I friend at guitar center is helping me like freaking crazy with finacing.I really want a Ibanez Rg if any of yall could help me please suggest away.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
I think the RG1550M and RG1570 are the best quality guitars that are $1000. I love RGs, but I don't think they're ideal for a lot of metal. They don't have enough character like mahogany and alder for my personal tastes. It's too neutral. If you've played it and liked it for your music, by all means, go for it. But I really suggest trying it out first.
i love basswood. i think it's a great wood for really letting the pickups show through, and most everything sounds crystal clear through basswood i think. i think RG's are great for metal. the only drawback would be the floating bridge. if you wanted to be in any sort of downtuning you'd have to set your guitar's bridge up for it.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
i have a 1550m and as one of the other guys said, there are better woods for your genre.

the basswood is very clear and crisp at all times.

also, the floating bridge probably isnt your best bet if you change tunings alot.
I do use a floyd alot.I know how to set up and eaverything so its not a problem for me.How much is the Fm?Links would be good.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Quote by Sicon
I do use a floyd alot.I know how to set up and eaverything so its not a problem for me.How much is the Fm?Links would be good.

I think the FM only was for European market in 2004. I dont understand why Ibanez do this kind of bussines

new it must be a little expensive
the original comes with Ibanez pickups V7 S1 and V8. but I bought a dimarzios.

greetings
Last edited by DaniJem at Oct 23, 2009,
Ryan Knight of the Black Dahlia Murder does just fine...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Ryan Knight of the Black Dahlia Murder does just fine...

2nd that, I even use a guitar made out of Ash to play metal and it sounds great.
Orange Enthousiast.
Quote by TTC
2nd that, I even use a guitar made out of Ash to play metal and it sounds great.

(IIRC) Ash isn't tonally flat though. That's what makes a lot of high-gainers hate basswood.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
True, but Ash is a very bright wood , so it isn't really metal-material, but those muddy standard ibanez pickups actually make the lowend sound a bit more deeper :p
Orange Enthousiast.
Quote by TTC

How does that work out? My next guitar will be ash but it'll be a blind buy. I just want a fixed bridge Ibanez Prestige but I don't like mahogany. Would you say it's better than basswood for metal? I know Jeff Loomis uses it but he also uses EMGs.
It will work for metal just fine with a pickup swap.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Are you saying that to me or him?Are there any mahogany(sp?) Rgs out there for around the same price mabe a bit more?
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Quote by Sicon
Are you saying that to me or him?Are there any mahogany(sp?) Rgs out there for around the same price mabe a bit more?

No, the only mahogany RGs are either going to be lower quality, or twice the price. I suggest sticking with the basswood Prestiges if it comes down to that or a lower end mahogany one.
Well What are some pickups I can put in it for metal.To some what mabe counter act the bassword and make it sound heavier to play what I need?I play alot of thrash and go all the way to death metal.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Last edited by Sicon at Sep 22, 2009,
I have a RG1570. Its a basswood prestige. I think its awesome. I don't play death metal, but I dont play pop either. But I have some heavier stuff, and I think it works great. You will probably need a pickup swap for sure. All the stuff recorded on my profile was in my basswood 470 with a dimarzio X2N in the bridge. Its not my favorite tone, but then again, it wasnt my amp either! It was recorded on a Mesa 550 if that helps anything. Its got a lot of output the X2N does. I think its basically Dimarzio's EMG. Its passive though. I decided to go with the tone zone on my prestige and I like it a lot better. Not as much output, but the sound overall is much better.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100