This is how my choice would go:

#1 Epi
#2 Agile
#3 Michael Kelly

I have played all three I own several Epis and an Agile. So far I haven't found a Kelly I am overly impressed with. They do not feel bad they seem to play well but I didn't care for the way they sound. I have no clue what they mean by PAF plus for the pick ups is they really don't come close to a PAF. I don't think Kellys are bad guitars and maybe with a pup swap it could be a great guitar until I try one with an upgrade I can't say I would get one.

John
Quote by johnro6659
This is how my choice would go:

#1 Epi
#2 Agile
#3 Michael Kelly

Agreed. You're probably going to want to switch out the pickups and hardware at some point in time though. (no matter which one you buy)
The Agile and the Epi are the same for all intents and purposes, just with the Epi you're spending more so you get the proper LP body shape. The Epi also has arguably better hardware, but hardware is easy to change around anyway.

The Michael Kelly... some people here rave about them, but in my experience they've been crap.

The best choice really would be to go to a few stores and play as many Epis as you can, until you find one really good one and buy that. It's hard to beat one of the good Epis - the only problem is it can take a while to find one of the good ones, and obviously it means you can't really risk buying online. But if you can get down to some stores, that would be the best option. If you're restricted to buying online, it just comes down to how much you want to spend and if the 'real' body shape of the Epi is worth the higher price tag to you.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.