So I recently purchased a Line 6 UX 2, which is pretty awesome so far. However, I don't own any studio monitors and have been using headphones, which I have a nice pair of so it sounds good, but I dont want to use them all the time. I have a set of powered logitech computer speakers with subwoofer that plugs into my computers headphone slot. Is it possible to use these with the UX 2? If i buy a 1/8 to 1/4 inch adaptor and plug into one of the analog outputs will that work? Or do you need two plugs to get stereo sound?
It is possible to do so I believe. You would just want to get a cable that splits it into left and right channels.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
you'll need two plugs, there are cables that function as reverse spillter but really I would advise saving up for monitors, you will have an extremely hard time getting a good mix on low end hi-fi speakers, remember you don't want a "good" sound, you want an accurate sound.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Pro: You'll get to know what the song usually sound on hi-fi speakers
Cons: you will not get a clear sound for mixing.

I use speakers.

Good monitors > good speakers > cheap speakers >>> consumer headsets.
Quote by GisleAune
Pro: You'll get to know what the song usually sound on hi-fi speakers
Cons: you will not get a clear sound for mixing.

Actually, you'll only know what the song sounds like on your specific set of speakers with your specific amp set up, if you mix with hi-fi speakers it's really easy to get a mix that sounds awesome on your set up but sounds absolutely crap on others, what typically happens is that you wilkl either over or under compensate on bass/sub-bass, or the overall levels.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Sep 22, 2009,