So, I was looking around on www.eastwoodguitars.com and I saw some baritone guitars on there and personally I think it's a cool idea.
It's just 'transposed' down to BEADFB, making for, obviously, a lower sound.
Does anyone play one of these or have experience with one?
Are they fun or easy to play on?
1997 Epiphone Les Paul Junior with P90
EHX Double Muff
1972 Realistic Hi-Fi system (for jamming)
Behringer V-Tone GM108 (for home practice)
They're good if that's what you want. The only difference between a baritone and a standard guitar is the longer scale. You can tune the guitar any way you to. You can tune a standard 6-string to B-standard or you can tune a baritone to E-standard
+1 on the post above. the only difference you'll see is the scale length. most baritones are (i think) 27" scales. it'll help with string tension when you tune down. it'll sound more clear and defined than a 25.5" or shorter scale guitar that's been tuned down to B also.

great ideas. i want one, but really wouldn't be able to make the most of it. unless i find a cheap one, but i would love to have one!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Well, the Eastwood Sidejack Baritone is $400 brand new. I don't know if that's in your "cheap range" or not but it seems like a good guitar. Pic'd below.
Attachments:
blue sidejack.jpg
1997 Epiphone Les Paul Junior with P90
EHX Double Muff
1972 Realistic Hi-Fi system (for jamming)
Behringer V-Tone GM108 (for home practice)
i'm not a big fan of the danelectro-like shape or the p90s (if i had a baritone i'd want heavy distortion, and they just wouldn't do it). i like the ibanez mmm1, if you can find one used on ebay. or the fender jaguar baritone. they aren't exactly "cheap" but i wouldn't want much less. i wonder if agile makes a baritone... ?
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i'm not a big fan of the danelectro-like shape or the p90s (if i had a baritone i'd want heavy distortion, and they just wouldn't do it). i like the ibanez mmm1, if you can find one used on ebay. or the fender jaguar baritone. they aren't exactly "cheap" but i wouldn't want much less. i wonder if agile makes a baritone... ?

Look at Schecter baritones.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DespisedIcon
Look at Schecter baritones.

Agile baritones ftw
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR