Page 1 of 4
I thought some people here would appreciate this: Steve Vai has an open question thread in the "IaMA/ AMA" section of reddit.com, i could not believe it until he posted this

So if any users here have a reddit account go for it... i don't think this is advertising for another website (well it is kinda), its only a great opportunity!

EDIT: forgot the direct link STEVE VAI THREAD
Last edited by just17n8 at Sep 22, 2009,
Dear steve vai,

are those lace curtans?

sincerely,

zugunruhe
I have no opinion on this matter.
epic pic is epic
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
ಠಎಠ

But...

reddit hurts my eyes...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Tire Me.
no wai.

Actually, there's a possibility this could turn into a semi funny shoop thread.

yes vai
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Why not isnt he human? I emailed Mike Akerfeldt, jimmy chambelin, danny carey, gavin harrison Paul Mastaval etc as long as you have something to say rather then I REALLY LUVE UR BAND MAN then they will answer

BTW Steve Vai looks like a cancer patient there
Steve Vai...

Drawing I was working on from quite a bit ago...

A UGer is supposed to be blowing him but I never got around to finishing it.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by lucertia.
Why not isnt he human? I emailed Mike Akerfeldt, jimmy chambelin, danny carey, gavin harrison Paul Mastaval etc as long as you have something to say rather then I REALLY LUVE UR BAND MAN then they will answer

BTW Steve Vai looks like a cancer patient there

Oh really?

Did Mikael Åkerfeldt, and Jimmy Chamberlin etc respond to you?
I'm still in shock that he so explicitly admitted he was Steva Vai, most "ask me anything" threads are anonymous... I have so many things i want to say in my mind but cannot process them due to the sheer awesomeness of Vai
Shens on that picture... How did it get reflected correctly when it isn't even facing the mirror

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Tire Me.
Oh really?

Did Mikael Åkerfeldt, and Jimmy Chamberlin etc respond to you?

they all responded. i was chatting to mike about the wickerman and britt ecklands ass. i asked for help from jimmy chamberlin as i had hand problems from drumming.
Yeah, lots of guys actually answer their own emails. Me and my buddy had a decent sized conversation with Paul Gilbert.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Quote by SteveHouse
Shens on that picture... How did it get reflected correctly when it isn't even facing the mirror

also, why isnt the second mirror reflected in the first mirror?
Quote by Zugunruhe
also, why isnt the second mirror reflected in the first mirror?

And why does the main mirror end in the sink

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Guys, this is STEVE. ****ING. VAI. His mirrors don't need to obey your stupid laws of nature and physics.
Quote by SteveHouse
And why does the main mirror end in the sink

this picture is what would happen in you gave M C Escher photoshop.

i cant look away.

and why the hell is the faucet backwards?!?

i think its all mirror, there is no sink in this picture except what is reflected in the mirror.
Last edited by Zugunruhe at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Zugunruhe
this picture is what would happen in you gave M C Escher photoshop.

i cant look away.

Actually, on closer inspection (I leaned in a lot), looks like he wrote it backwards on the opposite side of the paper. Can't explain the hotel's stationary being printed double-sided though not no way.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I don't get what's messing with people about that pic, he took a pic facing the mirror with the paper facing towards the camera. The marker bled through the paper so it was automatically reversed, so the paper in the mirror looks right from the camera.
no ****ing way.

I'm in amazement right now. I know that at least a couple times celebrities have posted on 4chan, but they weren't any Steve Vai.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by SteveHouse
Actually, on closer inspection (I leaned in a lot), looks like he wrote it backwards on the opposite side of the paper. Can't explain the hotel's stationary being printed double-sided though not no way.

it could be if it was like a booklet.. then it would have their emblem on every page.. but this doesnt look like its torn out
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I don't get what's messing with people about that pic, he took a pic facing the mirror with the paper facing towards the camera. The marker bled through the paper so it was automatically reversed, so the paper in the mirror looks right from the camera.

thats not how markers work, dude.

he must have written it on both sides, backwards on the back. i just dont see how the pen didnt bleed through even a little.

not to mention the second mirror to the left of him, which makes absolutely no sense.
Quote by Zugunruhe

he must have written it on both sides, backwards on the back. i just dont see how the pen didnt bleed through even a little.

not to mention the second mirror to the left of him, which makes absolutely no sense.

no offense but what do you mean by thats not how markers work..
if i take a marker and write on a piece of paper i reckon it would bleed..
also the emblem reflected in the mirror is just the silhouette of the front page (on closer inspection)
Quote by DJ_Inferno2000
no offense but what do you mean by thats not how markers work..
if i take a marker and write on a piece of paper i reckon it would bleed..
also the emblem reflected in the mirror is just the silhouette of the front page (on closer inspection)

look at the shapes of the letters, especially the O. its a completely different shape. also, the R is a different proportion of top to bottom.
Quote by SteveHouse

If you look closer, the writing is different. Looks like he wrote it on the back of the page too.
Quote by littlephil
If you look closer, the writing is different. Looks like he wrote it on the back of the page too.

Quote by SteveHouse
Actually, on closer inspection (I leaned in a lot), looks like he wrote it backwards on the opposite side of the paper.
Quote by littlephil
If you look closer

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Zugunruhe

okay, I just went to take a pic, but my cellphone is shitty.

i swear to you, go write on a piece of regular paper with a marker and hold it up in front of a mirror, proceed to feeling like a dumbass.
steve vai makes a thread for questions and the pit discusses his photo and the possibilities of a Escher-esque reality, i love UG

There. Now there's nothing.

End this damn discussion about the mirrors.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by The4thHorsemen
okay, I just went to take a pic, but my cellphone is shitty.

i swear to you, go write on a piece of regular paper with a marker and hold it up in front of a mirror, proceed to feeling like a dumbass.

i did and i did.

but anyway, that looks like a ballpoint pen, and the writing is different on each side.

EDIT: wait. correct me if im wrong, but shouldnt the third hand(the one on the left side) have the hand on the other side of the paper?

im assuming that the second mirror is at a right angle with the first. because if it isnt, that means there are two people in the room holding up that paper.
Last edited by Zugunruhe at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Zugunruhe
i did and i did.

but anyway, that looks like a ballpoint pen, and the writing is different on each side.

VICTORY IS MINE! (stewie voice)

lol, I'll grant that. once I looked again I realized you are right about the letters being different, maybe it's the mirror is at a slight angle to make people feel short?

and there are tons of different kinds of pens, there's no telling.

edit: maybe vai was holding his phone up and holding the paper, but someone else was holding the paper that's right in front of the camera (they took the picture, they just did weird shit with the angle to mess with your head.

if you don't get what I'm saying I'll try to explain my theory better.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Sep 22, 2009,
wait, is the mirror on the left at an angle to reflect his actual hand, not the reflection? maybe a 20 or 30 degree angle?

but then the dimensions of the sink make no sense, because they would be reflected in two different places, the angles of the sink should be off.
It's just a big proper mind****.

DAMN YOU STEVE VAI!!!

Quote by CrossBack7
Hopefully he answers mine, if it's him. It seems pretty legit.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Hopefully he answers mine, if it's him. It seems pretty legit.

ask him about the fucking mirrors!
Page 1 of 4