i've wanted a ric from the first time i played one in 1994, but i always wanted a little more thump. last january i was at wla guitar center and saw a used 1984 azure blue 4003 with the standard horseshoe pickup and the other one had been replaced with a humbucker of some kind. i played it and it sounded the best to me of any bass i've ever played - and i've played a lot of 'em. i went back to play it a few times over the next 3 weeks, and finally one of the guys (thanks, blake) there said they'd let me put it on a loooong layaway. that was february, and i finally got it out last night. and man, i feel great

my husband felt i'd need new amps to get the sound i heard at the store, but nope! when it comes to rickenbackers, the bass makes my carvin amps sound better than they've ever sounded. i'm sure the neighbors weren't thrilled, but i just had to play it for a while tonight, and now i just can't stop smiling.

it cost more than my car, but i gotta say it was worth every penny.
Pictures!! And sound clips!

While I have no real reason to ever own a Rick, I still lust after them. Congrats!
Quote by anarkee
Pictures!! And sound clips!

While I have no real reason to ever own a Rick, I still lust after them. Congrats!

Tam you don't justify buying a rickenbacker you just buy one and suddenly become very happy, and you might join an internet forum and become very elitist
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
An '84 in Azure? That's gotta be a rarity, surely? I think that definitely needs to be shown off to us Rick fans. Pics 'n' sounds pls!

Quote by anarkee
While I have no real reason to ever own a Rick...

I'm sure this is a medical condition...some form of denial?
Neither do I, to be fair; but I had a sweaty moment a while back, upon discovering a black 4003 with the check binding, at a very nice price. And then realising I had just enough on my credit card to cover it...
Quote by creepingjesus73

And then realising I had just enough on my credit card to cover it...

this is me and gigs i see a gig oh i have cash in bank buy tickets regardless of when it is xD.

But very nice im not a great big fan of Ric's but thats me even tho they are nice basses :P
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
...Need pics.... uncontrollable Ric lust....pics...pics...PICS!!!

Lol Im a Ric zombie when it comes to things like this. Congrats!
Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics!!!!

WE NEED PICS!

Seriously... Pictures would be cool, k?
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.