Just wondering after i saw that Steve Vai thread, im amazed...give me his e-mail
Join the Guitar Religion
You can go meet him now!!!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I have met Metallica, GWAR, Rob Zombie, Nickelback, Default, Howie Day, and the bass player for Def Leppard... mostly through radio contests.
i met and talked with The Edge from U2, who is probably the coolest muh fugga on the planet, there is seriously no other guitarist in a band as big as U2 who is as down to earth and chilled as The Edge. Glen Drover was also my guitar teacher for about a year.

EDIT: o my dad also personally knows Pete Best, and he's been over to my house a few times which is just plain ****ing awesome
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Iamlightofevil
Met all of heaven and hell and I got to hang out with dave once before he went on stage.

Very cool...

That's about how it went with Metallica. I won the "March with Metallica" contest. We were backstage for their warm-up, then myself and a friend walked them to the stage while the crowd roared. I also got tickets to all three shows, but I only went to one. We had all access passes which was the $hit.
I've met Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy (I've met all the guys in Alter Bridge, but you asked about guitarists specifically). Two of the nicest guys ever (all of them really).
i met tommy chong. it was for a book signing.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Met the guys in trivium, paul gilbert who was really cool, thats about it
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

I haven't met anyone famous...

But I wanna meet Michael Romeo and co. from Symphony X.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
I got to hang out with Tommy Emmanuel when he was here a while ago.

Also i don't know if it counts, but the kid who won Australia's got Talent, he is an amazing guitarist and yeh, got to talk to him as well
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

The drummer from status quo once ran a one-off drum workshop at my primary school.
I was there.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
I added Ol Drake from Evile on Facebook and actually chatted with him for a few minutes, it was pretty cool. They're not really super famous, but it's still pretty epic that he's in a band that tours around the world and still takes the time to talk to random kids like me.
Quote by mcfreaki
The drummer from status quo once ran a one-off drum workshop at my primary school.
I was there.

He did that at mine too!

I've met:
Die (Dir En Grey)
Jerry Only (Misfits)
Liam Cormier (Cancer Bats)
Brent Riggs (Job For A Cowboy)
Sam Totman (Dragonforce)

All of them were awesome (Except Sam Totman, because he was wasted. Jerry Only was the coolest)
Check out my Electronica project!
http://
...nobody. :/
But I'm meeting all of Dr. Acula october 7th =)
And Evergreen Terrace november 12 >:]
I met Mark Tremonti. And the guitarist from Mindless Self Indulgence. And no, I'm not proud of the latter.
I met Anterior could've met Bodom but I Was too lazy to take the train to see them haha
Actually just the other day I met the guitarist from Origin. AGAIN. He lives in my city and works at the guitar center there.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I work as a bellman in a nice hotel, so famous people come in all the time. I've met:

The Guys from Aerosmith
Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead
The Guys from Coldplay,
The singer of the Dandy Warhols
Pat Benetar
Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips
The guitarist of Sepultura (Forgot his name, was a cool guy though)
Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill, and Frank Beard of ZZ Top
Jamie Foxx (He was a real Prick)
and the crown jewel, Paul McCartney. I got to take him up to his room, and he was the one of nicest musicians I've ever met. Great guy.
Quote by alecoholic
i thought it would be funny to crap in the top of my friends toilet and mid crap his mom walked in on me...

Founder of the UG Paintball Club
UG Paintball Club Group Page
Quote by PrideDemon
I met Anterior could've met Bodom but I Was too lazy to take the train to see them haha

Epic band. Give them a listen.
Was drinking in a bar with Mastodon and another time with Valient Thorr. Also meet Bill and Jeff from Carcass.
I had dinner with Jimmy Page...at his house My XGF is good friends with Scarlet. Also met Brian May, Adrian Belew, Mick Ronson, Steve Tyler, Joe Perry, Meatloaf and Brian Eno.
Last edited by Tempoe at Sep 22, 2009,
Im very good friends with John Bonhams sister debbie/deborah/debsand because i've done a few songs with her i've played with Jason Bonham, Paul Rogers and met Jimmy Page a few times all very nice people shall hopefully be seeing more soon.

Was going to put Mark Butcher too (ex england cricketer), he has a band but as most of you kind folks are yankees i'll exclude him.

Mick Jones. (The Clash)

Brendon O'neill (ex-Rory Gallagher, current Nine Below Zero)

I've also met the rest of Nine Below Zero (all but the frontman are also Ex-Rory Gallagher) as well as had a few drinks with 'em
Was too star struck to realise that the bargirl was a fox too
Quote by Petey2522
Im very good friends with John Bonhams sister debbie/deborah/debsand because i've done a few songs with her i've played with Jason Bonham, Paul Rogers and met Jimmy Page a few times all very nice people shall hopefully be seeing more soon.

Was going to put Mark Butcher too (ex england cricketer), he has a band but as most of you kind folks are yankees i'll exclude him.

Mark Butcher was a good cricketer.
Quote by mcfreaki
I was there.

Same! i don't know if he did that all round the country or what.. this was in west yorkshire at that time.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
Quote by Adam144
Same! i don't know if he did that all round the country or what.. this was in west yorkshire at that time.

West Yorkshire!

You got the drummer from Quo, and we got some rasta guy to do our drum workshop!

He was cool though (the rasta guy): a professional tamborine player- you would not BELIEVE some of the stuff he could do with it
I've met this man, and talked a bit of Star Trek with him.

And the rest of the band, of course. Cool dudes.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20