So I asked about a tube combo i should consider getting a while ago mainly for transport reasons but I discovered last night that my drummer's bro has a spare 2X12 cab so I'm now open to purchasing a head too.

I'm looking for something with a really nice clean tone that can go from bright and clear to warm and creamy. Distortion isn't too much of an issue because I'll be running my Blackstar DistX (so the amp should be able to take pedals well). I play a Mockingbird Special and also use a Dunlop Wah. Preferably a lower wattage (20-40) so I can get good tones at home as well as at band. We also gig too.

I'm not trying to emulate anyone, looking for my own sound. Budget is ~$1000NZD. I'm saving up relentlessly and selling a whole bunch of ****, so this can be pushed a bit higher if need be. Also, any 2x12 cab recommendations would be cool.

If you want all the gory details, here is previous thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1198877

Thanks, you guys are the best
check out some fender amps, maby vox also
sorry i don't know any specific ones off the top of my head
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Yeah, my guitar teacher recommended me some Fenders, Peavey Classics and Engl. We'll probably go check out some amps this weekend too
Man, tell us about the styles you play.
With 700U$ your supposed to get a very nice amp, maybe the one of your life.
Classic Rock (a la Guns N Roses, Led Zep, Deep Purple), Jazz (Wes Montgomery, Brian Setzer {not really jazz but oh well}, Pat Metheny, Joe Pass), more modern stuff (Dillinger Escape Plan, The Mars Volta, Avenged Sevenfold, Muse), pretty much anything that has guitar in it. Basically, I'm looking for an amp with really nice cleans that can handle hi-gain too
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe has lush cleans, but not so good distortion. Maybe you could get a pedal or something for it?
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Look into the Egnator Rebel. That may be just the ticket for you. Fender is pretty limited for heads, as are Peavey Classics, and Engls are out of your price range.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!