Page 1 of 2
This is my first post in this forum, and I know the rules say no posting videos just for the sake of them, but I've been trying to find out what bass guitar this is, and so far have gotten no where

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy3V2Tl4g3s

if this is still against the rules in any way, just point it out and I'll delete this.

anyways, it's a brownish 5-string, but I don't think it's a fender, and it has two pickups (which are active?)
Sorry, I don't know squat about basses, but I'm looking to get a bass for my recordings, and that one just sounds godly.
Its a musicman something, I'm not really up on Musicman basses. Well, I'am guessing its a Musicman, could be wrong.
dont take me for granted on this, i dont know. But pausing the video at one point where you can see the headstock, it may be a first act.

My first thoughts were a carvin maybe. But I have no clue.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I agree, looks very much like something my Musicman. Still, a lot of companies rip-off headstocks....

Edit: What amazes me is that, looking in the reflection on the building, everyone is just walking by.

I would stop and bow at his feet!
Last edited by herby190 at Sep 22, 2009,
It's not a musicman, it shares no similar features.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
It's not a musicman, it shares no similar features.

would explain why I can't find anything. Do you know what it is then? I want to know as much as TS, at least
It's not a Carvin. It's not a First Act. It's not a Musicman.

There, I've started to narrow it down for you
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
That guy is so awesome. And nice bass!

Sorry I couldnt be anymore of a help to you =P
Baaaaaaazz
Quote by Canadian_basser
would explain why I can't find anything. Do you know what it is then? I want to know as much as TS, at least

I have no idea, I can tell you that the guy's name is Gustavo Dal Farra
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I dunno, that looks like a musicman headstock
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by Smale
Looks like a Lakland to me.

I agree, their headstock is a 3/2 tuning peg split and their knobs are in a cluster not a line. Can't pin it down to a model though...
I've looked at Peavy, Ibanez, Dingwall, Musicman, and Lakland

the closest I found was the lakland 55-01 which you can see on this site

http://www.lakland.com/basses.htm
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by creepingjesus73
I'm pretty sure it's an early Peavey Cirrus V bolt-on. Well, before they changed onto the Ibanez MonoRail-esque bridge. The old ones had a Badass type bridge.
That and his Peavey amp...maybe some brand loyalty?

The body style and the headstock shape make me want to agree here
another question, is his tone mostly in his fingers and amp? or is it the bass?
excuse my n00bness, I feel really stupid asking this, having no clue about bass

any basses that deliver a similar tone? I really love that kind of mellow sound, not too bassy, not too trebly. just... mellow
(see kids, this is what happens when a guitarist asks questions about bass )
Quote by CoreysMonster
another question, is his tone mostly in his fingers and amp? or is it the bass?
excuse my n00bness, I feel really stupid asking this, having no clue about bass

any basses that deliver a similar tone? I really love that kind of mellow sound, not too bassy, not too trebly. just... mellow
(see kids, this is what happens when a guitarist asks questions about bass )
It's a combination of a lot of things. The amp, the pickups, strings, the bass itself, how he attacks and where he attacks are all components of tone. But a lot of it will come from the amp.
The headstock is shaped like a Peavey, along with the tuners being in similar positions. I'm thinking a Peavey, a rip-off of a Peavey, or a custom body with a Peavey neck.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Denying the possibility of a certain brand by the bridge isn't always right; the bridge could have been replaced.
My bets are on Musicman, I could've sworn I saw the musicman logo on it at one point
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
That sounds is all his fingers and dead strings.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
The only thing it looks like to me is a very old Peavey Cirrus. The headstock is similar to a Musicman, but that's the only similar feature.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I think the headstock looks more like an OLP than a Musicman. But anyway, tuning pegs on Musicman heads are 4/1, not 3/2.

I just noticed the pickups are unusual, too.
Last edited by Cholas at Sep 24, 2009,
Yea, I kind of found it funny as well. Everyone was saying MusicMan, Lakland, Peavey, and even Ibanez. Suprise! Yamaha!
Quote by Uber Man
probably some french brand :P

I'm pretty sure that they aren't speaking french. I assume that that's what brought you to such a conclusion. It sounds similar, though, my guess is italian.
Spanish with an Argentinean accent?
Quote by Mutant Corn
I think that was the point...those are the most popular body styles, and TS wants to know which one UG thinks is coolest.zAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit: my cat walked across my keyboard
Quote by fishbass
Spanish with an Argentinean accent?

Yeah, it's some romance language. Like I said, doesn't sound to me like it's French, and now that I listen to it more, also pretty sure that it's not Portuguese. Who knows? Someone who speaks whatever they are speaking, probably. Ha, that would make sense.
Quote by Halakar

Yeah, it's some romance language. Like I said, doesn't sound to me like it's French, and now that I listen to it more, also pretty sure that it's not Portuguese. Who knows? Someone who speaks whatever they are speaking, probably. Ha, that would make sense.

It's Spanish, from Spain.
That makes sense I guess...most of us are used to Hispanic Spanish, so European Spanish sounds funny.
Nope, no sig here.
Page 1 of 2