It's for an apprenticeship building acoustic guitars.

The only problem is, I have no experience at all, and I will only really have a couple of days to prove myself.

I need to learn as much about woods/guitars by monday.

Any suggestions!?
google = how to build an acoustic guitar
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
run around screeming until you know everything????

well, i would say just read, read, read, read, read.
did i mention reading?

well yeah find tuts, online books (or real books, if you can) and builds here on UG, there should be something you can learn!
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Thats why its an apprenticeship, they teach you all you need to know, what did Luke know of the force before Obi Wan made him his apprentice?
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
Thats why its an apprenticeship, they teach you all you need to know, what did Luke know of the force before Obi Wan made him his apprentice?

+1 you don't have to know much about it, you just have to show a keen intrest in guitar building, and cleaning up shop floors.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Yeah but he's looking for someone who can do the job quickly.
He told me he will know if he's going to keep me on within the first 3 days...
And he didnt seem too impressed when I couldnt name types of wood he was showing me
If he expects you to already know how to build a guitar then it's not really much of an apprenticeship.

An apprenticeship is designed to teach you a skill by putting in the work place using that skill.

key word here being TEACH
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Check out some of the books in the GB&C Starter Pack v.1 Also, check out the Central Hub sticky and find the Ultimate Resource Thread. There's a lot of good info there.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by Saamon
Yeah but he's looking for someone who can do the job quickly.
He told me he will know if he's going to keep me on within the first 3 days...
And he didnt seem too impressed when I couldnt name types of wood he was showing me

there are many many sites on tinternet which explain wood types. Look them up.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by Saamon
It's for an apprenticeship building acoustic guitars.

The only problem is, I have no experience at all, and I will only really have a couple of days to prove myself.

I need to learn as much about woods/guitars by monday.

Any suggestions!?

I suggest you spend a few hours watching all of the videos in this guys series. Start to finish Acoustic build.

HERE!
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
D-bag. You're not gonna learn everything in under a week.

Although I congratulate you on getting the interview or whatever, and I'll wish ya luck. It's true that they are there to help you- but they can't be bothered with teaching you how to use a plane or a bandsaw.I hope you have a good amount of woodworking experience.
Also, just because they're your teacher doesn't mean that you can waltz right in not knowing what you're doing. That's like walking in to a Calculus B/C class when you haven't taken AlgebraII yet. (That was for whoever said that they would teach you, by the way. Not particularly for you)
Anyway, the best of luck to you; get some practice in with neck carving.

Have a Sizzlin' Day,
AJ
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
What hes probably looking for is your determination. Places always try to put a little fear in the new guy to see if they run away. Just do a bunch of research, do your best, and if you show them that this is what you want to do, then hopefully they'll keep you.

Good luck!
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.