I have been searching for a new amp for the last few weeks.
I initially wanted a valve amp like the Epi Blues Custom, however i came across a 2nd hand Line 6 Flextone III. This amp was half the price of the valve and seemed to offer far more options for playing.

Firstly, can anybody tell me how good a clean sound the standard 1 x 12 amp produces?

Also, i am looking on Ebay and seeing Flextone II amps available.
Can anybody give some basic advice on which Flextone is better? Is there any noticable improvement from II to III?

Any advice on things discussed here is appreciated!

Thanks

ps i play an Epi SG Custom
unless you're looking at a 2x12, throw the line six idea out the window period. They lose all their tone with volume
Quote by UltimateDud
unless you're looking at a 2x12, throw the line six idea out the window period. They lose all their tone with volume

True to a certain degree, but not with the Flextone (imo). Clean sound is great, almost every other sound is great too but some amp channels are a tiny bit 'digital' sounding. Also depends a lot on what type of guitar you are playing (single coils sound more digital through a Flextone than humbuckers).

It's like this: I bought my Flextone about a year ago and was very happy with the sounds it can produce and it can hold its own against a tube amp. I am however now saving for a tube amp, because my band is starting to gig in larger venues and the volume of the Flextone simply isn't going to fill a large place.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe