So I was thinking of getting the Ibanez GRX20 for my first guitar, but one of my friends told me that the RG120 was much better. I looked at reviews, and it does look better, but it is $200, while the GRX20 is $150. Is the RG120 really that good, and worth the extra 50 bucks?
Yes.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
better quality materials pretty much. it is only $50 right so why not.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
better quality materials pretty much. it is only $50 right so why not.

Well it's my first guitar, so I don't want to spend too much because I don't know how much I will like it, and my budget is kinda tight now.
Quote by dsan224
What makes it so much better than the GRX20?

Based on what I've played of them both I just prefer the 120. Mostly preference so I'd advise you to play them both before buying.
Or if you're getting them online atleast watch/listen to some demos.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by Solid S/hit
Based on what I've played of them both I just prefer the 120. Mostly preference so I'd advise you to play them both before buying.
Or if you're getting them online atleast watch/listen to some demos.

I'm buying one of them from Guitar Center, and I have been watching videos of both, they both look really good to me.
If you're going to be stretching out of your budget then you may aswell just go for the GRX20.

However, I'd advise you to look up the Kramer Vanguard.
It's £180 not sure what that is in dollars but with the rip off taxes in Britain it's probably cheap.
You get a good LFR on it, 24 frets, a great looking guitar and pretty darn good pickups.

For what it's worth you could play that Kramer from novice until advance.
Quote by AlanHB
The RG120 is a great starter guitat.

-slim neck
-24 frets
-dual humbuckers
-fixed bridge

I had one and loved it, then traded it for and Ibanez with a floating bridge
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Is the RG120 a LOT better than the GRX20? Like is it really 50 bucks better than the GRX20 if you know what I'm saying?