hey,

got some noobie questions.

first: I read about people talking about having both an analog and a digital delay. I own a hardwire digitech delay/looper it has analag function but its digital right? So what the actual difference? why would you want both?

Oh yeah I got a tube amp, fender deville. But I dont et the entire cab and head thingie? might be because Im not native english. So how does it work? The head has like the eq and stuff?

hope you guys can clear that out
A Spider III emulates (at least it tries) analog distortion.
So why not buying it instead of buying a mesa triple rectifier?
¬¬

The thing in the analog delay is that the tone changes as the repeats go by
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Quote by GuitarUser
A Spider III emulates (at least it tries) analog distortion.
So why not buying it instead of buying a mesa triple rectifier?
¬¬

The thing in the analog delay is that the tone changes as the repeats go by

I dont know what your trying to say with the first part but anyway, why would someone want both digital and analog? use them at the same time?
Analog generally has the more natural-sounding echo effect, at shorter durations. Digital gives you an almost too clear sound, nowhere near natural, but lets you get longer delay times.
a analogue waveform looks like the waves in the sea (bottom of the 2 (Invalid img)

a digital waveform is more clipped top image removing the rounded edges (square looking)

the analogue delay will sample the entire wave form whereas the digital delay only needs the highest value to be sampled.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 22, 2009,
A lot of people get both because they need two different delays, and prefer one or the other for particular songs, etc.

I use both (Mock I into DD7) at the same time occasionally, and they work well together (i.e. crisp digital repeating of a warm decayed analog sound).

To each their own, I recommend trying both to see which you prefer.

Some people find digital too sterile and harsh

Some people find analog too muddy and lacks definition.

Also, your Fender Deville is what's called a combo amp, it contains both the chassis (head) and speakers (cab).