I have a Marshall Combo MG250DFX that I recently acquired. I'm psyched to finally have a Marshall amp to call my own!
There's a problem though.
The left output has a low 'staticky' sound all the time and isn't nearly as loud as the right output. When I switch the left speaker to the right output and the right speaker to the left output, the bad speaker changes, so I know it has something to do with the left output. Does anyone know what may be causing this and how I could fix it? It still sounds amazing using just the right output, but obviously, I'd like to fix it.

Thanks for reading!!!
Marshall MGs suck and have nothing in common with real Marshalls. Happy New Amp Day

Oh, and take it to the tech. Might it be an impendance issue? It would explain why the speaker sounds strangled, I guess.
Quote by DropkickMurphys
I have a Marshall Combo MG250DFX that I recently acquired. I'm psyched to finally have a Marshall amp to call my own!
There's a problem though.......

yeah, you bought an MG

I wouldnt be psyched about that amp, just because it says "Marshall" doesnt mean jack

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I got it secondhand.

(I knew I was going to get that from some people about the MG - thanks for not disappointing me.)
Secondhand? That's probably the reason they sold it.
Take it to a shop.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by DropkickMurphys
I got it secondhand.

(I knew I was going to get that from some people about the MG - thanks for not disappointing me.)

Okay, so you can't really take it back - but you could get in contact with the seller and question them about it. If you bought it from somewhere like eBay, you might even be able to file some sort of complaint if it was not as described. However, I doubt you will get your money back.

How notable is the sound difference? I'm presuming that, as it's a combo, you just switched the speakers round with the tabs to check wether it was the speaker or the output? Check the tab of the faulty output, see if anything looks wrong with it; i.e. if it's rusted or something similar.

Excluding that, I really don't see what you can do about it, apart from taking it into an amp tech. However, I think you might find that could end up costing you more than the amp is actually worth (depending on how old it is, and what condition it's in, and the fact that MG's don't have great re-sale value), so it could end up being a bit of a false economy getting it fixed in the first place.

It all depends how terrible the issue is, and how serious you are about playing. Basically;

If you can't live with the lower output of one of the speakers, and you intend to do some serious gigging, then I'd recommend that you live with the issue for the time being, and save up for another amp (either new, or a well-kept used amp) rather than spending the money on getting an amp tech to look at it/fix it.
Last edited by Mathamology at Sep 22, 2009,
well I for one used to have an MG and let me say something..

I had the mg100hdfx.. and i ran a BBE sonic maximizer and a danelectro fish and chips eq in the effects loop..

i also ran a line 6 floor pod plus on bypass in front. it isnt true bypass so the master level on it worked still which boosts the input.

it didnt sound all that bad. And really brought the amp to life.
it is alot to spend however when youre better off getting a new amp, but if bought a little at a time, or already have some of it, not bad at all..

click my band link in my sig, the song pathways to madness was recorded with my mg's emulated line out, straight into a tascam 8 track.

not terrible.. but not tube..
Last edited by Cisc at Sep 22, 2009,
Sorry to break it to ya, but you still don't have a Marshall amp, atleast not one that is worthy of the prestige that comes with the name. Close, but no dice.

O yeh, HNAD though, still a very usable practice amp.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Sep 22, 2009,
I believe they are actually made by Park Amplification and listen to Mathamology.

It could also be a faulty/loose jack. I'd try cleaning it with some contact solution first and then check it from the inside to see if all the tips are connecting properly.
**** you get some real dusch bags around here... he didnt come on here to have every know it all tell him his amp sucks... if he likes it then leave him to it...