Howdy,

I've currently got a modified Gidon guitar - kaoss pad & fernandes sustainer kit to boot. The only problem is, the tone is very very dry compared to my seymour duncan-powered Fender tornado.

I've been told the nailbomb humbucker is the way to go for a nice crunchy bellamy-esque tone. Any opinions?

Also, if I were to decide to go for the nailbomb humbucker - any specifics I'd need to know before purchasing? Having originally bought the sustainer kit for my tornado, I was informed there was no way it could go in that without mangling the body or paying a small fortune.. thus along came the Gidon. From looking at an online store, I need to specify the conductor, spacing, and leg.. anyone care to chime in with some advice?

Cheers
I would email them, from what I've heard they'll be happy to advise and recommend you depending on your current gear and desires.
WTLTL 2011
awesome, where did you get the fernandes sustainer kit from? and how much? I'm thinking doing a similar thing and have been to that the Nailbombs are good ones to use.

http://www.musewiki.org/Guitars

^ that is a good ite to look at and see the specs of Bellamy's guitars
hope that helps
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Nailbomb is a nice pickup but don't forget that IronGear do a similar product to just about everything BKP put out.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

whats there version of the nailbomb i ve got one for there steamhammers and that pretty damn good for £25.
Yea, Matt Bellamy actually uses Nailbomb Pickups in many songs
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Nailbombs are awesome for what you are describing. I don't like Muse's tone, but I often find myself getting his tones without meaning to when I'm playing my J6 (with Nailbombs in it).