Page 1 of 3
Who gets up on here ? I'm not that good of a writer, but I'm a lot better than a lot of the toys that live in my area. What do you guys write ?
I stencil now and then. but i don't believe in just writing my name on stuff, that's for chavs.

If it isn't pretty and wouldn't make at least some people stop and look and view it as art, I won't put it up. I don't think that what I do is graffiti.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by samuwel
I stencil now and then. but i don't believe in just writing my name on stuff, that's for chavs.

If it isn't pretty and wouldn't make at least some people stop and look and view it as art, I won't put it up. I don't think that what I do is graffiti.

Wow dude how could you not see what you do as graffiti? Graffiti is any pretty much any form of street art vandalism. I do Stenciling too, I do sticker slaps also, Putting up stencils is just as bad as writing a name on things. It doesn't matter to the general public you're still a vandal.

And plus it says you're from the UK. Doesn't the UK have tons of commisioned graffiti areas where it's perfectly legal ?
Last edited by Deathloc45 at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Deathloc45
Wow dude how could you not see what you do as graffiti? Graffiti is any pretty much any form of street art vandalism. I do Stenciling too, I do sticker slaps also, Putting up stencils is just as bad as writing a name on things. It doesn't matter to the general public you're still a vandal.

And plus it says you're from the UK. Doesn't the UK have tons of commisioned graffiti areas where it's perfectly legal ?

Stencilling actually looks good though. Just writing 'Bazza 09 brrrrrap!' is ****ing stupid.
This is the stuff that is stupid and not close to being art/cool:

People who do that need to be punched in the face for ruining perfectly good property.

Now this kind of thing on the other hand is pretty awesome:

^agreed. There's some real decent stuff down in Braunstone where my grandparents live...although Braunstone is a ****hole.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Stencilling actually looks good though. Just writing 'Bazza 09 brrrrrap!' is ****ing stupid.

Yeah but I don't go around writing my name on every which what I can. When I get around to doing a big piece or something I go somewhere where I can take my time and I won't be bothered by people or the police. And yes that picture you showed of all the random bull**** splashing over eachother is pretty ugly. But it looks a lot better than an unmatched paint block over whatever they painted over. I'd rather see some toy ass whack ass writers piece then a tan wall with an unmatching tan area painted over what used to be a piece of art.
Quote by Deathloc45
But it looks a lot better than an unmatched paint block over whatever they painted over. I'd rather see some toy ass whack ass writers piece then a tan wall with an unmatching tan area painted over what used to be a piece of art.

But it wouldn't be unmatched if some wanker didn't spray a bunch of crap all over it in the first place.
Quote by Deathloc45
Yeah but I don't go around writing my name on every which what I can. When I get around to doing a big piece or something I go somewhere where I can take my time and I won't be bothered by people or the police. And yes that picture you showed of all the random bull**** splashing over eachother is pretty ugly. But it looks a lot better than an unmatched paint block over whatever they painted over. I'd rather see some toy ass whack ass writers piece then a tan wall with an unmatching tan area painted over what used to be a piece of art.

Yeah...i wasn't actually saying you were one of these guys who writes his tacky 'chav' name everywhere if that's what you were thinking.
Yeah true, but if it's some good art, which a lot of time it is. then why even cover it up ?

Mabye if the buff guys knew what they were doing then it wouldn't look stupid anyways.
Quote by Deathloc45
Yeah true, but if it's some good art, which a lot of time it is. then why even cover it up ?

Mabye if the buff guys knew what they were doing then it wouldn't look stupid anyways.

Why would anyone rather look at some dull wall on a high rise apposed to one with art on? That's what i want to know.
Quote by Deathloc45

Because if they wanted "art" painted on their wall they would have someone do it for them.

They don't just want so kid to come by and paint something random on their wall.
Graffiti is just another cry for attention and to be cool/rebellous/artsy/scene/phaggot
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
I had a few friends in HS. When they got cars they thought it was so cool to go around "tagging ****" Now the bridge near my house is covered in bad graffiti and curse words. Yeah, they were so ****ing awesome. Now, people that can actually paint something decent, like what Daytripper posted I don't have issue with.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
name writing and area fights are for assholes and gang members...

I used to do graffiti (art work on public walls), but since i started university my interests changed, and I don't have the money to get all the cans nor time to mix colors and ****...

i got some of my works around here i think I'll try to upload one
Last edited by just17n8 at Sep 22, 2009,
Yah some kid in my area is running around spraying Scizo on people's fences. If I catch him, he's dead.

But if he bothered to do something nice I would not have a problem. I'd love to wake up and see a crazy piece of art on my fence.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
This topic occasionally comes up. The argument that wins is that random tags and scribbling suck, but more stylish and colored pieces or throw-ups are nice.

Graffiti is just another cry for attention and to be cool/rebellous/artsy/scene/phaggot

Scribblings, yeah. Most of the serious/pro graffers don't care if people frown upon them. But you don't do it for simple vandalism though, a rock through a window would take care of that. You wouldn't have to buy paint and cans and risk getting caught while painting.
To SG_Dave. Dude I used to be terrible and never thought I would get good at writing, just practice everyday and keep it going.

Well it's nice to see at least some people appreciate the difference between some toy ass writer and someone that at least has some know how of what they are doing.

I mean yeah I do go around and just write my name oocasionally in handstyle, but I write more big pieces than I do handstyles. But I do sticker slaps more than anything right now.

And to Neer yeah you're right it's not about vandalism, it's about the art, the rush of doing it, and getting your name known. I mean **** if you keep it up and keep going you can get sponsored, mabye get an art gallery, or just be well known amongst the graffiti community, mabye get featured in a magazine or something. You never know you just gotta stay up and keep it up.
Gang signs and names is boring and pointless, real street art that people would actually like to look at are amazing, and usually it seems to fit better on a wall then on a canvas.

Banksy being an example of the good stuff.
Quote by stevve
Gang signs and names is boring and pointless, real street art that people would actually like to look at are amazing, and usually it seems to fit better on a wall then on a canvas.

Banksy being an example of the good stuff.

Yeah see I don't tag gang signs. And lots of street art that is professionally done is a name. So I don't know how a name could be boring. Whenever someone hires a graff artist to do a mural for them the mural almost always consists of the writers name and then whatever the person commisioned for them.

Banksy is good, but he is very played out. Everyone knows about him and blah blah blah blah blah blah he is so good blah blah blah He is a talented artist but there are a lot more street artists out there that deserve the fame.
why do you keep referring to people as 'toy'?

also Banksy FTMFW
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
why do you keep referring to people as 'toy'?

also Banksy FTMFW

A toy is an inexperienced writer or someone who doesn't "know the rules of the game". Like, you don't just go over a piece that's been around for 10 years with your own shitty stuff. So yeah, a beginner or a stupid one.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by TEK34
Graffiti like "Phil woz eya '09" or "Andy luvz Lou 4 va" annoys me.

Shame that's all we have around here.

For real I hate **** like that it, it's worse than ugly tags hahah. Well then start something up man get practicing
i like the IRA stuff and peace graffiti is good i dont mind aslong as it has a point and a message
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.

**** "tagging is for chavs" guardian reading banksy bumming shoreditch inhabiting wankers.

Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah not real art.
I've got all the time in the world for decent artists. If they've got a talent why waste it?
Believe.
Graffiti Related:

Melbourne has some of the most amazing art of all the cities i've seen in my opinion.

Stencils Related:
Banksy has good statements but his art isn't all that amazing. (I do adore his One Nation Under CCTV Rolly/Stencil though)

Snik on the other hand has almost photographic looking stencils.

And of course Logan Hicks, who unfortunately (IMO) no longer cuts his stencils by hand, but has amazingly detailed works none-the-less.
I'm a real cool kid.
Last edited by The Lock at Sep 22, 2009,
Can someone explain why the gun is Banksy's girl frisking a soldier looks so daft? Is there a reason it's bent like that?
Quote by JackalUK
Can someone explain why the gun is Banksy's girl frisking a soldier looks so daft? Is there a reason it's bent like that?

It's broken. Metaphorically speaking, the soldier has no means to control the people, because he has no weapon.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Deathloc45
Yeah see I don't tag gang signs. And lots of street art that is professionally done is a name. So I don't know how a name could be boring. Whenever someone hires a graff artist to do a mural for them the mural almost always consists of the writers name and then whatever the person commisioned for them.

Banksy is good, but he is very played out. Everyone knows about him and blah blah blah blah blah blah he is so good blah blah blah He is a talented artist but there are a lot more street artists out there that deserve the fame.

I meant like stupid names, non artistic just, idiot waz hurrr or something stupid like that.

I realise theres better then banksy, I just dont know all there names, and banksy is quite good.

I'd love to be able to do what these guys do but I have no drawing ability at all.
Page 1 of 3