Ok i came into an aquisition of a P-bass copy which my cousin found in her attic and im now in possesion of it, its a Jim Deacon its pickups arent good but its a sturdy built bass.

The necks got a few dead spots and it looks like your typical Fender style bolt-on affair.Anyway down to buisness im thinking of refurbing it for a pet project and the fact it gives me another bass a more Punk esque bass so i keep my Thunderbird for more rock/metal oreintated stuff as i feel it suits it well and my IGB as a pure backup bass xD.

Anyway i think my max budget will be bout £150-200 (stretching it).I am thinking Quarter pounders :P (as Ian Grushka of NFG is using them lol and i adore NFG to death).

Also howw would i go about re-finishing it in the sense its a sunburst right now and im wanting possibly black or a really really striking Red as in its really really deep and sticks out like a sore thumb red xD.

Anyway its gonna give me something to do over the winter as i will be staying in a lot more as Scottish weather is very tempramental LOL.

the whole neck parts where im not sure i got a friend who has a good idea bout the pickups and my dads an electrician so that may be of some help :P

Cheers for the help and if this is in the wrong section im really sorry i just posted it here as it was more bass oreintated.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quarter-pounders are an excellent choice. They're basicly the gold standard.

As far as painting goes it is long, difficult process - especially if you have never done it before. If you want to try it there is a big painting thread in the Building and Customizing forum. Might even want to consider the Paul Simonon splatter paint job or something.
Quote by Captain Insano
Quarter-pounders are an excellent choice. They're basicly the gold standard.

As far as painting goes it is long, difficult process - especially if you have never done it before. If you want to try it there is a big painting thread in the Building and Customizing forum. Might even want to consider the Paul Simonon splatter paint job or something.

i was tempted to emulate Grushka and put Vagina on the bass for a laugh it would be classic cant get a pic of it though but it would induce a lot of laughs live xD.But we would be playing like Church style places so it might be deemed as inappropriate even though everyones my age xD.

But im not bothered bout it being a long process gives me something to do over the Winter :P and im not keen on sunburst as it is.

i'll upload a pic of the bass i got when i get home, aswell as hunting down one of the said bass Grushka has.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Last edited by Razgriz_101 at Sep 23, 2009,