Poll: Design:
Poll Options
View poll results: Design:
27 28%
52 54%
17 18%
Voters: 96.
I'm making some business cards. I'm a graphic design student, so I can go with pretty much anything I want visually. I just want to know which design the pit prefers.

Twenty 3rd is the design collective I'm part of.

Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I like the colors on the first one the best
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
They're all pretty good. Think I like No. 2 better than No. 1, and No. 3 better than No. 2.

So No. 3 for me.
#3 will look better if you ever need to print in grayscale. save ink, save the earth or some stupid sh*t like that
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
i like 3 best
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
#3 Imo
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
None of the above, if I'm being honest. I'd go for something a lot more simplistic, it looks more stylish and professional.
the 2nd one is just right. the first does resemble universal studios, so you might wanna stay away and the 3rd one seems to busy for just a logo. but all in all great job on all three!
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
All three are too static for me.
I don't like the typography either.
It doesn't seem creative at all.
IMO

Personally, i would do more with the '3RD', like have the colours breaching/breaking out of it, instead of just putting two images together, which gives me the sense of you don't put much thought into your work.
In fact i'd lose most of the white, or if you're gonna use black on white, use it effectively.

Good luck with the graphic design thing though. Are you a graduate? What kind of company you looking to put your work into?
Quote by dnamra13

when i was waiting for slayer there was a guy who kept on touching his **** in public i was like HELL NO !!!. what the F*** is wrong with this place.

I gig around London, UK, check us out/add us

www.facebook.com/follly
www.follly.com
Anyone who doesn't vote 2 is wrong. It's as simple as that.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by filthandfury
This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions.

I can only assume it's the business card scene from American Psycho.

Yes sir.

Try this maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I would pick 3 if it had a more distinct border around the greyscale, but as it is, the letters do not stand out enough. 1 is too busy, so 2.
what the fu-ck do I see in 3. ?

I voted 2
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

I think no.3 would be the nicest if the '3rd' had the same border as 1 and 2, the white parts of the picture were black, and the greeny-olivy parts were white.

As they are, no.2 is the nicest, IMO.
Quote by JacK C
All three are too static for me.
I don't like the typography either.
It doesn't seem creative at all.
IMO

Personally, i would do more with the '3RD', like have the colours breaching/breaking out of it, instead of just putting two images together, which gives me the sense of you don't put much thought into your work.
In fact i'd lose most of the white, or if you're gonna use black on white, use it effectively.

Good luck with the graphic design thing though. Are you a graduate? What kind of company you looking to put your work into?

The overarching scheme isn't my design. The group of us are all getting the same format, but with personalised 3rds

And I really hope you don't think you can make a judgement like the bolded one based on those designs. And even if you feel that you can, saying so might make me make certain assumptions about what kind of person you are...

Quote by Toast1337
what the fu-ck do I see in 3. ?

I voted 2

A B17

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Don_Humpador
I thought it was a plane.

But why, out of interest?

It was an illustration I did a while ago.

How I got to the concept is a long story, but the reason for that particular plane is just that it comes up in a song by Andrew Bird, which I was listening to at the time.

I also made it into a t shirt

.fm
.wordpress
Last edited by Fleabag at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Fleabag

And I really hope you don't think you can make a judgement like the bolded one based on those designs. And even if you feel that you can, saying so might make me make certain assumptions about what kind of person you are...

Are you serious?
A business card for someone in design should represent you, of course i'm gonna get an impression of who you are from your design...
Secondly, who are you to tell people not to 'think [they] can make a judgement...based on those designs.'
You can't offer your designs and tell people 'don't judge them'...so i looked deeper into your design than face value, why have you got a problem with that? What if your prospective employer does that, would you tell them the same?

Based on your defensive comment i see you do care about your work, but if you're gonna turn your nose up at someone who's giving their opinion that you asked for, don't bother asking in the first place.

I'm not trying to just bash you for the sake of it...I took my time to help someone who's also in design...
Quote by dnamra13

when i was waiting for slayer there was a guy who kept on touching his **** in public i was like HELL NO !!!. what the F*** is wrong with this place.

www.facebook.com/follly
www.follly.com
3, but I think you could probably do better
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

The colors are nice in the second, but I find the focus draws me to the bottom right-hand corner, which serves no obvious purpose. Maybe spread the colors a bit more.

The first one is effective because it makes you look at the whole thing rather than just one particular section.
Quote by Fleabag
It was an illustration I did a while ago.

How I got to the concept is a long story, but the reason for that particular plane is just that it comes up in a song by Andrew Bird, which I was listening to at the time.

Alright, thanks
Quote by JacK C
Are you serious?
A business card for someone in design should represent you, of course i'm gonna get an impression of who you are from your design...
Secondly, who are you to tell people not to 'think [they] can make a judgement...based on those designs.'
You can't offer your designs and tell people 'don't judge them'...so i looked deeper into your design than face value, why have you got a problem with that? What if your prospective employer does that, would you tell them the same?

Based on your defensive comment i see you do care about your work, but if you're gonna turn your nose up at someone who's giving their opinion that you asked for, don't bother asking in the first place.

I'm not trying to just bash you for the sake of it...I took my time to help someone who's also in design...

Ok, I'm sorry if you feel that was an overreaction.

I felt that rather than criticising the designs, you were insulting me as a designer, which obviously is a little more personal. Especially when a few aspects of the design that you were calling me up on are not even things that I decided.

I accept that you didn't know that, and it is always good to have people that will give honest evaluations.

.fm
.wordpress
I'd go with 2 out of those, but TBH none of those really strike me as good business card designs, they are too busy and don't really provide any actual information, the logo itself would be ok for promotional artwork, but not on a business card, unless it was much smaller and in the corner, and even then I think many would see it as being too flashy.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Fleabag
Ok, I'm sorry if you feel that was an overreaction.

I felt that rather than criticising the designs, you were insulting me as a designer, which obviously is a little more personal. Especially when a few aspects of the design that you were calling me up on are not even things that I decided.

I accept that you didn't know that, and it is always good to have people that will give honest evaluations.

It's cool man, good luck with things and keep the faith!

And don't stop working harder than everyone else
Quote by dnamra13

www.facebook.com/follly
www.follly.com
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I'd go with 2 out of those, but TBH none of those really strike me as good business card designs, they are too busy and don't really provide any actual information, the logo itself would be ok for promotional artwork, but not on a business card, unless it was much smaller and in the corner, and even then I think many would see it as being too flashy.

The back has the details on it. This side is purely illustrative.

Quote by JacK C
It's cool man, good luck with things and keep the faith!

And don't stop working harder than everyone else

Thanks.

.fm
.wordpress
Last edited by Fleabag at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Fleabag
The back has the details on it. This side is purely illustrative.

I kind of figured that may be the case, I still wouldn't go for that personally though, most people who keep business cards like to paste them into rolodexes and whatnot (at least in my experience), I would at least try to work a phone number or e-mail address onto the front somewhere.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm