well...
earlier today i guy i know came to me in school and asked me if i was interested to join his mate's band (with original music influenced by funk, reaggae, blues, jazz, rock... )

my role there would be playing trombone...

now i don't really have a clue what kind of parts does trombone play in such genres...
... I imagine i would play the reaggae offbeat or something like that.. background melodies to create a harmony.. whatever. am i atleast aiming in the right direction?

there are a drummer, bassist and a guitarist in this band. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that they are way more expirienced than me.. they're all "pros" and i'm just a trombone student (in 4th grade right now)

it would really be helpful if you could give me some tips, some motivation whatever

thanks in advice UG!
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
You don't understand how trombone fits into Jazz or Funk? Melodies. I've played trombone for 8 years and I'm majoring on it. It's basically one of the strongest leading brass.

Come on, guitar isn't the ONLY instrument in the word.

Piano is.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
indeed i do understand the guitar is not the greatest instrument...

i'veplayed flute for 10 years ( i still am) and trombone for 4 years.. but i've never tried it out in genres like that... but i'd love to.. i'm just looking for some tips how to... (my teacher couldnt tell me anything, because he's only into the classics :/
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
if you've been playing flute for 10 years...and you're only in 4th grade....how OLD are you?
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Listen to some Reel Big Fish. CLASSIC Ska trombone.
Quote by brownsfan456
Anything is possible with music which is sooo awesome

Quote by metal4all

I just learn the formula, apply it to a key, and use said notes on fretboard. Why? Cuz I'm not a pussy.
Quote by htsktim91989
if you've been playing flute for 10 years...and you're only in 4th grade....how OLD are you?

17 really... i ment the 4th grade of trombone...

started playing flute when i was 7
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by KenjiBeast
Listen to some Reel Big Fish. CLASSIC Ska trombone.

what i was gonna say..

but in reggae, the bass usually has some kind of melodic ostinato. I'd say in reggae the bass is the most important part. so as a trombonist, stick with the bassist, maybe you guys could work out your parts together, so that they harmonise or compliment eachother