Hey guys. This is a question for all the electronics wizards out there. I will explain the best I can.

I modded a DS1 to Keeley's specs, it sounds great with my strat going through, but its a little loose for the distortion...oh well. The thing is, when I plug in my Schecter Exotic Star (passive pickups, but really hot) the pedal gets massively squishy and unresponsive and you can hear it max out and clip really hard like it is overloading something when I hit hard. The light that is wired up to indicate gain stays maxed and the pedal is basically unusable with that guitar.

Long story short, I either need to lower the input volume to the circuit, lower the gain before the circuit, lower the bass feeding the clipping section or some other random thing so I can use it. Does anyone know which parts I would do that on, or have you had this experience with a hot guitar in the past? I could fiddle around with it for hours, but I figured someone out there must have come across this before. Thanks.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

You know music is like 100% sound right?

Affordable prices on Logo designs and band merch. PM me for details.

Obligatory band link \/
www.myspace.com/resetred
Are you sure there isn't a problem with the mod? Shouldn't be like that. I have hot pickups and have no problems like that at all. I'd go over it again to check for solder bridges and cold solder joints. Also make sure all the values are correct.
All right I'll go over it again with a fine toothed comb. I must have a value off somewhere is all I can think of. The soldering looks good. I did that one other time in my TS9 mod and had a value a little off and it made all the difference.

Thanks.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

You know music is like 100% sound right?

Affordable prices on Logo designs and band merch. PM me for details.

Obligatory band link \/
www.myspace.com/resetred