Can this pedal work on its own without an amplifier straight into the PA? I'm looking for a pedal that could work like that to keep things as simple as possible on the stage. I don't want to be dependent of any heavyweight guitar amp. Are there better choices than this?
The goal is to get a powerful metal sound.
Thank you!
Last edited by Amarant at Sep 22, 2009,
Pod X3 live can run straight into the PA its got the XLR connections as well
Really?? You do know that its a B*tch to get the tone you want plugging straight into a P.A....

Sounds much better when you mic an amp.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
The Tri A.C. can be plugged into a PA. All you'd need to do is run a line into the mixer. or you could by one of their Power Engines, which has an XLR output to plu into a PA
Quote by Vypor
Really?? You do know that its a B*tch to get the tone you want plugging straight into a P.A....

Sounds much better when you mic an amp.

Yeah, but what a mess it is carrying your amp everywhere. Not to mention the space it takes on the stage.
Quote by Muramasa
The Tri A.C. can be plugged into a PA. All you'd need to do is run a line into the mixer. or you could by one of their Power Engines, which has an XLR output to plu into a PA

Power Engine? Isn't that still an amp?
Last edited by Amarant at Sep 23, 2009,
Quote by Amarant
Can this pedal work on its own without an amplifier straight into the PA? I'm looking for a pedal that could work like that to keep things as simple as possible on the stage. I don't want to be dependent of any heavyweight guitar amp. Are there better choices than this?
The goal is to get a powerful metal sound.
Thank you!

It can work, but I've heard california model is crappy, and it's probably the model you'd need to have a powerful metal sound
What about Zoom 9.2? It's my second choice, because it's a bit more expensive.
I tested Sansamp through a pretty ****ty PA and it gave me a nice sound, except the low-end palm mutes which didn't sound good at all. Maybe if I had had more time to tweak it a little more, I could've get the bass to sound better too, but atm I'm not betting on that thing anymore.