I'm playing my second gig on saturday, any tips on remembering lyrics?

I can never remember the words!

As silly as it sounds, but I just always have a hard time remembering lyrics!

Any tips?
Singing along with the song and remembering the pitches, i find, helps me remember. And after that, I try and remember key words from each bit and from there form the lines from memory/what fits.

And if that doesnt work, sit down with the music and the lyrics sheet, and keep trying to sing without looking at the sheet (look, put on music, sing till you forget, repeat)
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Do you have any recordings of the songs you'll be playing? always helps hearing them back a few times, its how i remember my lyrics.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by pigeonmafia

And if that doesnt work, sit down with the music and the lyrics sheet, and keep trying to sing without looking at the sheet (look, put on music, sing till you forget, repeat)

+1
take a couple cheat cards. have the first 2 or 3 words of the beginning of each verse and put them on the card, you should be able to fit 3 or 4 "songs" per card. put your lineup on the cards and stash them somewhere you can look quickly but the audience can't see well (on the back of an amp, on top of the kickdrum etc.)
I don't know how to give advice for this. When I'm done writing a song and throw lyrics down, I just embed them in my mind really- constant practicing until I'm at the point where the words come out automatically just like the playing- there's not much thought to what is going to come out of my mouth next...I just know it....so I guess just practice!
Work on singing them without help from anything. Don't sing along to the song, don't look at the lyrics, or anything. It will force you to be independent. If you forget a word, work on the section (maybe the verse, or even the line that you missed a word).
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea